Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:14:42 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium 2 [expressions of enthusiasm]  (Read 447689 times)
RainingTip
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2010, 10:43:10 am »

Machinarium was and it still is a big succes. Think how's going to be Machinarium 2 ...It will be greater than the first one or I am just thinking so
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2010, 07:04:16 pm »

Thanks to forum member Mariya we now know that there will be no "Machinarium 2".

Quoting JD: "I will not reveal anything of our next project, as it is not clearly defined yet. I can only state that it won’t be Machinarium 2."

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 08:47:31 pm by Alex » Logged
RainingTip
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2010, 03:40:08 pm »

Yep Wink
Mariya
space invader

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2010, 04:42:09 pm »

I will disappoint you even more, our "game maker" does nothin at home, drinks tea and entertains guests instead of development of next game Smiley

Original article (with photos): http://www.igromania.ru/articles/111383/CHeshskii_chempion_Intervyu_s_dizainerom_Yakubom_Dvorski.htm
Translation (attachment below)

* Якуб Дворски2.doc (84.5 KB - downloaded 992 times.)
RainingTip
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2010, 05:37:22 pm »

Don't be like that. Maybe he needs some relax. After all "Machinarium" was a great succes with hard work. He is going to start developing the new game soon. I am sure of it Wink
jenso942
little robot

« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2010, 11:33:45 pm »

Thanks to forum member Mariya we now know that there will be no "Machinarium 2".

Quoting JD: "I will not reveal anything of our next project, as it is not clearly defined yet. I can only state that it won’t be Machinarium 2."

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

I like being a "little rusty robot"
desouram
little rusty robot

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2011, 10:10:20 am »

I recently finished playing Machinarium and LOVED IT! I play a lot of games and loved this one because of how different it was .. the point and click never got boring and the story line was cute, easy to follow and fun. It would really be a shame not to come out with a Machinarium 2.. I know, I know, they "aren't planning on it and are working on a new project" but all of us Machinarium fans know it wouldn't be the same.

I decided to go on Amanita's website to look at what else they had hoping they had some other games as great as this and was more than disappointed with what I found. I think it would be a huge mistake for Amanita not to continue with this great idea since it is unmistakably the best game they have yet to create.

Don't let all these fans down!  Undecided
RainingTip
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2011, 08:33:51 am »

I recently finished playing Machinarium and LOVED IT! I play a lot of games and loved this one because of how different it was .. the point and click never got boring and the story line was cute, easy to follow and fun. It would really be a shame not to come out with a Machinarium 2.. I know, I know, they "aren't planning on it and are working on a new project" but all of us Machinarium fans know it wouldn't be the same.

I decided to go on Amanita's website to look at what else they had hoping they had some other games as great as this and was more than disappointed with what I found. I think it would be a huge mistake for Amanita not to continue with this great idea since it is unmistakably the best game they have yet to create.

Don't let all these fans down!  Undecided

Machinarium 2 would be better than the 1st Machinarium, and I think the storyline can be continued, but if they said that, there are low chances to change their minds :/
Catsy
little rusty robot

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2011, 11:07:35 pm »

I know this thread is old, but keep in mind that it took them 3 years to make the game and it was released 2009. I wouldn't expect it to be around at least for a serious amount of years if they aren't planning a sequel, and if they wanted to make the game time longer/bigger. With a small group of people working on it, they mightn't have the funds to make a longer game.

Furthermore, with the three years, they stated that they spent more than a month on each location the robot could go. Imagine the time needed for more locations.
RainingTip
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2011, 10:09:58 am »

Yea, well they would have funds if some people would not put Machinarium on torrent sites and let others download it. If you make a search on any of the torrent sites you would see that Machinarium is on every of them.

But this thing has a good part for those who don't have enough money to afford buying an original Machinarium version and other games that they want (Without this I would not have Dragon Age Origins now XD), and a bad part for the producers who have worked hard and they deserve to collect the money.

I bought Machinarium and I am suggesting the same thing for others too Wink
jakie8
little robot

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2011, 02:35:00 am »

One of the main reasons I like this game so much is because, though its environment isn't believable, the story is! And its so nice to be able to relate to this game. Even if you don't relate to it, it is nice at having the possibility of playing a game you could relate to, instead of what safaex was saying.

I would like the story to be much grander in scale, maybe a war between two nations or the enslavement of the robot race by some kind of alien, maybe the search for a lost robot relic that will save the entire robot race.

I think that would make Machinarium like any other outrageous crazy game. I say we let the developers create something that lets them express themselves.
RainingTip
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2011, 09:31:34 am »

I don't think that adding aliens would be better. I don't like so much games with aliens so it would probably become worse.

I am wondering whats gonna be the next Amanita Design game  Shocked
Grabowsky
little rusty robot

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2011, 07:33:52 pm »

Hi,

This is one of the best game I have ever seen. And what about Machinarium 2?

Thanx
Rainium
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2011, 10:18:06 am »

I don't think that adding aliens would be better. I don't like so much games with aliens so it would probably become worse.

I am wondering whats gonna be the next Amanita Design game  Shocked

Aliens... maybe a bad ideea as RainingTip fellow said (quote above). Let the developers be as they are and then an awesome game will be revealed Wink
Ror
little robot

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2011, 05:54:00 pm »

I was given 'Machinarium' as a birthday present and I have enjoyed it so much that my sister, brother and I were inspired to make our own design for a proposed Machinarium '2'.We have created a Machinarium 2 plan featuring music samples (played on genuine instruments), a booklet, artwork, a plot decription, character and scene design and also a front and back cover.
Please reply if you are interested at Amanita Design.

Thank you for your time,
Matthew Taylor
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: