Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:57:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium 2 [expressions of enthusiasm]  (Read 447714 times)
Artparker
little robot

« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2013, 08:00:01 pm »

I just bought and played Machinarium and fell in love, after two days of playing, I went in the helicopter and got excited...then it was, "the end". Thanks to Amanita Design's awesome artwork, I'm now an addicted mess and don't know what to do, so I came to register just to make this post that Machinarium 2 must be made immediately and at that made available in liquid form so I can drink it up.
MOONMOON
little robot

Want machinarium 2 !

« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2013, 06:39:49 pm »

Love you guys

Kiss  Please PLEASE please ----->  Grin  MAKE A MACHINARIUM 2  Grin <----- please PLEASE Please  Kiss

If it's about the money, then please Found Raising makes it so we can show you how much you are worth to us. I think since you also really nice people and I love that about you. I can feel it Smiley
katappi
little robot

« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2013, 03:02:56 am »

I want to add another vote for a second Machinarium, or a game with a similarly clean design and actual puzzles.

Botanicula, for example, is cute, but I feel that its design isn't a patch on that of Machinarium, and it's more of an exploratory, click-at-random game than a puzzle game. I know that that is what Amanita Designs were going for, but I'm ravenous for more of the Machinarium-like cerebral puzzles and visual and auditory aesthetics. It doesn't matter to me whether it's an entirely different game if it also has that clean, drawn-in style.

If you do decide to make a sequel rather than a new game with a similar style, my only hope is that you not make it too similar to the first. I think it should be able to stand on its own, and have new characters and villains. If you keep the two robots as the main characters, I think it would be neat if the girlfriend were the one being controlled, but in any case not both together. Having two characters working together would destroy the wonderful sense of solitude that Dvorak's music made so mesmerizing.

But, in the end, I don't think the specific desires of fans are as important as your own. You're the ones who made the game that they love so much. Machinarium is more than a game; it's art. As with any kind of art, the only prerequisite is that you follow your hearts over your wallets!  Smiley
Kuhaa
little robot

« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2013, 08:14:31 pm »

I'll throw in my two cents as well. The first time I played Machinarium was in 2010, and I still think it's one of the best stories I've seen in a video game. The visuals and music work perfectly together creating a melancholic mood that sticks with you throughout the game. I am yet to find a game that manages to create such a rich world with so little resources. I am having trouble even describing how much I like this game. It's a treasure.

So, I'm waiting for a sequel as well. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited about Samorost 3, but Machinarium will always have a special place in my heart, and I believe that Amanita would produce a worthy sequel. I am actually quite intrigued by the thought of having a full game where the two robots would need to work together in order to solve puzzles. A big part of the original game's charm was the sense of loneliness, and as someone pointed out, control two robots simultaneously could ruin that. I still would like to see more gameplay like at the end of Machinarium where the robots work together to overcome an obstacle.

Many times game sequels go horribly wrong, but I think Amanita Design has already proved with Samorost 2 that they can make a sequel that is true to the original and has the same overall tone. I believe Machinarium 2 would turn out just as adorable as the original. But let's first wait that Samorost 3 is finished.
fortion
citizen robot

« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2013, 07:05:57 pm »

I'll throw in my two cents as well. The first time I played Machinarium was in 2010, and I still think it's one of the best stories I've seen in a video game. The visuals and music work perfectly together creating a melancholic mood that sticks with you throughout the game. I am yet to find a game that manages to create such a rich world with so little resources. I am having trouble even describing how much I like this game. It's a treasure.

So, I'm waiting for a sequel as well. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited about Samorost 3, but Machinarium will always have a special place in my heart, and I believe that Amanita would produce a worthy sequel. I am actually quite intrigued by the thought of having a full game where the two robots would need to work together in order to solve puzzles. A big part of the original game's charm was the sense of loneliness, and as someone pointed out, control two robots simultaneously could ruin that. I still would like to see more gameplay like at the end of Machinarium where the robots work together to overcome an obstacle.

Many times game sequels go horribly wrong, but I think Amanita Design has already proved with Samorost 2 that they can make a sequel that is true to the original and has the same overall tone. I believe Machinarium 2 would turn out just as adorable as the original. But let's first wait that Samorost 3 is finished.

Yap You are right. Story wise no game can compete Machinarium.
bgthigfist
citizen robot

« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2013, 08:44:44 pm »

I pre-ordered Machinarium (the first game I ever pre-ordered) and enjoyed every minute of it.  I bought Botanicula when it launched.  I can't wait for another exceptional game from your studio, and would definately pre-order a second take on the Machinarium story line.  I still listen to that sound track, and use images from the game art on the lock screen of my android phone.

You guys are awesome.

Keep the creativity flowing!
Ash
little rusty robot

« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2013, 09:37:03 pm »

I just created an account on this forum to tell you how much I would love to play a Machinarium 2 Sad. This game is my favorite ever, I'm so in love with the atmosphere and all the characters ... if it's just a question of money, you could go on those 'raising money website' ... I would be ready to give 150$ for a Machinarium 2 project, serisouly ! I'm actually working on a tattoo project about Machinarium hahaha I'm not jocking I'm really found of that little robot and its cute stories.

Sorry if my english is bad, I'm french, so let me say it again : faites un Machinarium 2 s'il vous plaiiit !

Merci Smiley

Mod Comment: @Ash, you mentioned a "tattoo project about Machinarium" so I thought you would find this interesting... link: http://forum.amanita-design.net/index.php?topic=1307.msg6235#msg6235
 Grin  

« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 08:27:47 pm by Alex » Logged
Deacon Struction
little rusty robot

« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2013, 12:51:04 am »

What would everyone rather see ? a solid expansion ? or a huge new expansion of the world treated as a separate game?

The main thing is that it would have the same good quality, when it has this then the details do not matter. The intelligence and imagination in Machinarium and Samorost 1 & 2 are a rare thing.
SleepyUser
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2013, 09:39:54 pm »

Well I really would like a sequel
and it could use a subtitle like:
Machinarium2:
Chronicles of the robot city

But the game has and must keep
Its wonderfull graphics!
Just amazing.And it should
include a longer story,i just
finished playing the game
and it wasnt much long
but I really enjoyed it.
So I hope the sequel comes out soon!  Grin
SnowWhite Tiger
little rusty robot

« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2013, 11:59:31 am »

IMHO, there are only two ways for Machinarium 2:
- if it will be done, it will be better than it's first part. But it's very complicated to do, because first part was for me ideal and it's hard to do something better than ideal. It's sad to tell that mostly sequels are worst then first parts and it screws up the reputation of games/films/etc.
- so the second variant is to let Machinarium be the only game about Josef. Let it be the Legend!!

Some words about the topic of the sequel. In my dreams if Josef and his girlfriend flew away from the planet where were so much cruelness and oldness, let they come to another planet where they'll build their own world of robot.
MOONMOON
little robot

Want machinarium 2 !

« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2014, 09:41:50 pm »

Topic: Machinarium 2 [expressions of enthusiasm]  Shocked  Shocked   Shocked  (Read 205826 times)   Shocked  Shocked   Shocked

what does this tell us?  Huh  Huh  Huh

it's a really great interest exists! please kindly tell us to go on.   Kiss  Kiss  Kiss

CopperCat
little robot

« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2014, 12:07:33 pm »

Definetly a huge new expansion!Offering a new
city to be explored.

Either way can't wait
for Machinarium 2.

But Amanita D. said
that Machinarium 2 will
be released after Samorost 3.. Cry
And that is around 2015...

~meow
mnmpals
little robot

« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2014, 03:24:30 am »

I think i would be a great idea Grin
MOONMOON
little robot

Want machinarium 2 !

« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2014, 06:14:53 pm »

Topic: Machinarium 2 [expressions of enthusiasm]  (Read 222222 times)

(Read 222222 times)

ok this is now truly a sign!!!!!!

Wink
RobotJosef
space invader

Eagerly awaiting Samorost 3

« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2014, 07:52:58 am »

Good one, MoonMoon!  Wink

FloexFan aka RobotJosef
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: