Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:16 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Samorost2 For Linux  (Read 20749 times)
cadere
little robot

« on: September 01, 2009, 02:08:09 am »

I've been searching on the forums and google but can't seem to find a clear answer: Does Samorost 2 full version works on Linux? Seems like the mac version is browser  based. Will that work on Linux? What about the CD? I'm using the latest stable version of Ubuntu if that matters.

I only just discovered and played Samorost 1 and 2 (first chapter). Has to be about the best flash game I've ever played! I'm excited to download the full version if it will work.

Thanks!
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 03:08:19 am »

I only just discovered and played Samorost 1 and 2 (first chapter). Has to be about the best flash game I've ever played! I'm excited to download the full version if it will work.

Huh  Um... the second chapter of Samorost2 will run on your Ubuntu install just like the first chapter did. 

As for the Linux version of Machinarium: on June 17, 2009 in this thread
 http://www.machinarium.com/machinarioforum/index.php?topic=217.15
JD wrote: "PC (Windows) and Mac versions will be released at once. we are not sure about Linux version yet."

cadere
little robot

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 03:25:19 am »

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't some sort of DRM or something that would keep it from running as a regular flash game in my browser.
cadere
little robot

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 04:45:21 am »

Just in case anyone else has the same question about Linux compatibility. The windows version does not work unless you have WINE installed because the download is an .EXE. Once I installed it under WINE it worked smoothly. If you don't have WINE you may want to try the Mac version. . .
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 06:56:33 am »

I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't some sort of DRM or something that would keep it from running as a regular flash game in my browser. 

Actually, FYI, JD directly addressed the DRM question in early August of this year ...
http://www.machinarium.com/machinarioforum/index.php?topic=243.0 
JD: "the game will be completely DRM free, no worries:) "

And, BTW, thanks for mentioning your find about having to have WINE installed to run the Windows (EXE) version of Samorost on LINUX OSes, cadere!  There will definitely be a dedicated LINUX thread on this forum once Machinarium launches, so please continue to share your discoveries down the line as "The Machinarium Experience" evolves.  :-)

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:59:40 am by ABoretz » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: