Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:41:28 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ordering for friends  (Read 10072 times)
smallbot
little rusty robot

« on: December 03, 2009, 08:42:13 pm »

Does anyone know if I can order Machinarium for a friend using her email but my credit card?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 09:46:30 pm »

Yes you can.  Enter her email address in the order screen where it says "Double check that you've entered your email address correctly. We will send order information to it."  Be sure to tell your friend to be on the lookout for an email from Amanita Design with the subject "machinarium full game" (sometimes these emails are treated as SPAM by some email services, like YAHOO).

And, BTW, she's lucky to have you as a friend.   Smiley

Iskaral
little rusty robot

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 12:09:26 pm »

I'm also a bit curious about this. I'm looking for nice games to gift for christmas and I don't really want the intended recipients to receive emails about the games now. (World of Goo for example has an option to customize the download page for the recipient).

Is it possible to buy the game with my email address and then give the download link away or does it get locked to my name/email?
lemuren
little rusty robot

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 05:32:34 pm »

I'm also a bit curious about this. I'm looking for nice games to gift for christmas and I don't really want the intended recipients to receive emails about the games now. (World of Goo for example has an option to customize the download page for the recipient).

Is it possible to buy the game with my email address and then give the download link away or does it get locked to my name/email?

Is there any more information about this? Is it possible to buy and download, burn on a cd and give as christmas gift? How is the activation done? It is much nicer to be able to prepare before then to mess about with credit cards at christmas eve Smiley

It looks really nice the game though!
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 09:29:48 pm »

No, nothing gets "locked to your name".  You just enter the email address of the person you want to receive the download links where it says, "Double check that you've entered your email address correctly. We will send order information to it."

Is it possible to buy and download, burn on a cd and give as christmas gift?  How is the activation done?

There is no "activation".  You buy the game and the download links are sent to the email address you provided.
And, yes, if you have the download links sent to your own email address you can then burn the files to CD.  But if you pay for a single copy of the game and then burn multiple copies to give as "Christmas gifts" the ghost of Christmas cheapskates might just have to pay you a little visit on Christmas eve...  cah-PEESH?  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: