Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:54:34 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Probs with DL of the game???  (Read 15859 times)
mujji
little robot

« on: December 18, 2009, 05:37:28 pm »

Home sick (yes you can feel sorry for me if you like) and I thought I try out Machinarium to get some time going. I cant download it though. Only get to about 2-3MB and then it just stops. Anyone else experience this, any solution? Kinda desperate, psyched at what I what I saw in the demo.
Thanks in advance
Markus
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 05:52:17 pm by mujji » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 06:03:02 pm »

Have you tried shutting down, waiting a bit, then rebooting and trying to D/L again?
Are you D/Ling using 56K or Broadband?
What's your OS?
Laptop or Desktop?
Color?  (if it's Beige you're screwed)  ;>

mujji
little robot

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 06:28:17 pm »

Yes I have tried shutting it off but no cigarr.
Im using a mobile broadband and XP on a erm beige Laptop  Cry
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 07:03:29 pm »

Well, you're in luck.  A beige laptop's still usable, it's those beige desktops you gotta watch out for!   Wink

Mobile broadband should give you plenty of bandwidth to D/L the 360MB Machinarium installer pretty quickly and get on with your gaming experience.  And since you've tried re-booting and still can't complete your D/L the problem is most likely on the other end.  (maybe the hosting servers are especially burdened now with the Christmas special going on?)  All I can suggest is Patience and that you keep trying.  Sorry.  Hope you feel better soon.

mujji
little robot

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 09:09:43 pm »

Ill try again tomorrow.
Thx for you help.
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 11:14:27 pm »

This happened to me a few times, trying again should work.

And how would the colour make a difference? Beige is a pigment of the imagination.

(sorry, that's been going around my head all day and I couldn't stop myself...
It's also metaphysically accurate! Assuming you're a nominalist.
I'll stop typing now.)
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 12:03:25 am »

Beige is a pigment of the imagination.

LOL!   Cheesy Cheesy

mujji
little robot

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 02:38:14 pm »

I have still not been able to dl the game and I mailed support. They said that there was nothing wrong in their end (surprise) and that there must be something with my connection or system. I have downloaded Samorost and did a speed check and landed on 3Mbit/sec. I have also tried the link on another comp but it didnt work. I mailed this and got nothing in return. It must be something wrong with that link....
Rather pissed off now. I thought an independent game designer would be more caring about their costumers.
The forum is very nice though Smiley
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 07:51:09 pm »

Rather pissed off now. I thought an independent game designer would be more caring about their costumers.

I feel your pain and can imagine how frustrated you are.   Sad 
On the support end I think there's just one person handling all the complaints, so it's probably a matter of your second email rotating to the bottom of their queue and it will have to rise up the stack again.  (also it's the weekend so you shouldn't expect to hear back until Monday at the earliest)*

About that second computer you tried to D/L with, was it connected to a land line or was it using the same mobile broadband connection your laptop is using?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
* While I'm not on the staff I am very fond of Amanita Design's creations which is why I moderate this forum and why you're hearing from me on a Sunday.    Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: