Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:47:52 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Collecting oil in hint book  (Read 12789 times)
Zjeraar
citizen robot

« on: December 19, 2009, 06:02:52 pm »

Is collecting the oil the only necessary action that's not mentioned in the hint book?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 08:42:39 pm »

Are you referring to the machine oil or the sunflower oil?

Zjeraar
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 10:45:20 pm »

Machine
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 11:27:14 pm »

As I recall, when Josef walks over to the robot in the wheelchair and "talks" to him he is then shown a bubble with machine oil dripping into the decanter.  Maybe that's why it's not in the mini-game?

Does that make the game more difficult to complete without that being mentioned in the mini-game, do you think??
I know it's very hard to regain "Beginner's Mind", as I've been re-playing Machinarium (pre-patches version) and yet I haven't had any problems with game-play whatsoever.  I guess now one can understand the difficulties of the Testing Process, eh?   Roll Eyes   It makes me more thankful for Lucie and Linda, the testers, than ever!

Zjeraar
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 12:04:46 am »

"Does that make the game more difficult to complete without that being mentioned in the mini-game, do you think??"

No, hardly. it was just an innocent question. I was surprised it wasn't in the book when I consulted it at the screen where the oil can be collected. That's all. It could be considered interesting trivia, I guess.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 08:31:28 am »

You wanna talk "interesting trivia"?
Have you (or anyone else reading this) noticed the word spelled out by the stacked blocks among the spiders in some of the mini-games?   Wink

Zjeraar
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 06:08:51 pm »

Yeah, the word is apparently a reference to http://www.rebol.com/community.html

Speaking of interesting trivia, is there actually a translation for the bot language that can be found on some of the pages in the hint book?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: