Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:54:09 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Mamba Games Retail Machinarium Thread  (Read 385774 times)
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 10:46:28 pm »

Regarding a Mac version, I stumbled across this link earlier today:
http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/13067846/Machinarium/Product.html#
The wording on the cover clearly states that the DVD is Mac-compatible. (I've e-mailed Jason for clarification.)
jenny4
citizen robot

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 02:44:38 am »

That's great! I'll have to find a US version. Play.com is so cool, but pretty much for the UK. Thanks!
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 03:07:50 am »

Play.com is so cool, but pretty much for the UK.
Yeah, it does seem like they won't ship to the U.S.; and neither will Amazon.uk. However, Mamba's site will ship to the U.S., I believe. (Actually, I'll have to check on that, but I'm almost positive that they will.)
Now, as far as waiting for an American publisher to release the game over here, I don't think, given what Jakub has said, that it's ever going to happen. So the UK release might be your best and only bet for an English boxed version.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 03:23:20 am by Lamkin » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 03:20:26 am »

Posted twice. Oops.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 07:15:19 am »

Posted twice. Oops.

Now you've got three more to go before you reach 5 in a row.   Wink  Grin

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 07:26:23 am by ABoretz » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 08:52:31 pm »

Posted twice. Oops.

Now you've got three more to go before you reach 5 in a row.   Wink  Grin

=op
And thanks for pinning that topic, though I had to look up the word 'gambit.' ;o)

Anyway...I can confirm that Mamba will indeed ship to the U.S.
Chronis
citizen robot

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 05:40:41 am »

Does Mamba only accept Paypal? It won't let me change payment options.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 06:37:15 am »

[Mamba] won't let me change payment options.
It will towards the end of the ordering process. Although Mamba's site had, um, strongly encouraged me to use PayPal, there was, at one point in the ordering process, an option to pay with a credit card. (Specifically, the screen which came up immediately after clicking a button to confirm my order had an option towards the bottom of the page to pay with a credit card.) However, after I entered the card info I was informed that I couldn't "use a card number that belongs to an existing PayPal account," so I had no choice but to go through PayPal. Aargh.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 07:00:34 am by Lamkin » Logged
Chronis
citizen robot

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2010, 10:00:04 pm »

Thanks. I hadn't gotten that far since I figured i'd be able to change the payment options before hitting a confirm button.

Ordered!  Cheesy or preordered in this case.
Chronis
citizen robot

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 04:57:21 am »

So Machinarium was supposed to ship today but Mamba is down....
Harry
little robot

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 01:20:34 pm »

Hi, I received my copy in the post yesterday and am, unfortunately, having some problems.

The game worked fine on my PC at work, however, there doesn't seem to be a Mac version there (after trying it on my iMac at home).

Is there no Mac version on the disc? Perhaps I misunderstood...
jst65
space invader

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 01:33:50 pm »

The wording on the cover clearly states that the DVD is Mac-compatible. (I've e-mailed Jason for clarification.)
The game worked fine on my PC at work, however, there doesn't seem to be a Mac version there (after trying it on my iMac at home).

Uhm. Lamkin?
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2010, 04:14:34 pm »

Well that sucks. To be honest, though I'd asked, I'd never gotten any clarification from Jason. And I hadn't pursued it further because of the pictures I'd found which, so I'd thought, had left no doubt whatsoever.

So I would ask Harry if the wording on the packaging and the disc mentions/indicates Mac-compatibility. If it does—and I can only assume that it does—then Mamba clearly has a slight problem on their hands. (I know that 2D Boy had had a similar problem with the boxed version of World of Goo, and the problem had eventually been fixed. Not that that's exactly helpful here, but my point is that it certainly is possible that this is an oversight on Mamba's end.)

And if the wording doesn't mention or indicate Mac-compatibility, then where in the hell did they get that picture? =o( ;o)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 02:30:15 am by Lamkin » Logged
Harry
little robot

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 04:31:03 pm »

So I would ask Harry if the wording on the packaging and the disc mentions/indicates Mac-compatibility.

I can confirm that "MAC DVD Compatible" is on the front of the box. The disc also has "PC DVD-ROM MAC DVD" on it. Furthermore, on the back of the box under operating system requirements, "Mac OS X (10.4 or newer)" is listed (alongside Windows and Linux).

I assumed the disc would be a hybrid like Blizzard games, but I guess not Sad
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2010, 04:42:08 pm »

Thanks for the quick response, Harry.
Well then Mamba has messed up. The good news is that I'm sure you'll get a replacement disc. The bad news, of course, is that that may take some time. =o(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: