Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 01:00:10 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Convert Steam to Linux  (Read 13554 times)
flying sheep
little robot

« on: December 24, 2009, 12:04:19 pm »

hi,
i have bought the game on steam and since i like to play indie-games on linux and only the hardware-hungry stuff on windows, i would like to know how to obtain a linux (deb) executable.
nicolas
Global Moderator
space invader

pains-aux-raisins-based life-form.

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 12:23:16 pm »

Hi Smiley
A priori, there isn't any way to convert a game purchased on Steam into an actual "account" for Amanita, with download links for all versions (including Linux one) and soundtrack. This is the major issue with Steam, you get less things and you depend on a only store which works on a only system.  Undecided

However, it seems that the executable in the Linux Demo version could be the same than in the complete Linux version. So, try to download the demo, to take all the 00-11 folders from your Steam installed Machinarium, and to put them instead of the equivalent folders of the demo. It could work. Wink

Note than the Linux version is not a Debian package (.deb) but a compressed archive that you can extract anywhere to play directly. And if the folder replacement method doesn't work, you can take advantage of the current promotion (all Machinarium + Samorost2 + their soundtracks for $10 instead of $25), before tomorrow! Smiley
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 12:36:47 pm by Nicosmos » Logged
flying sheep
little robot

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 12:41:42 pm »

the good thing about steam is, however, that you don’t have about one half store account for each game. (average: 2 games from each company)
by the way is the bonus ep included in the steam version.

why is it so complicated to sync stuff? steam could automaticly send a randomly-created key + the name of the game buyed to the company and you. you could use both to register the game in the company-specific store if you want.

if the demo-executable doesn’t work i will once again (last time with world of goo) have no other option than downloading a pirated version although i have bought it.

but thank you for pointing this option out.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 12:44:27 pm by flying sheep » Logged
flying sheep
little robot

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 01:16:03 pm »

fullscreen does not work.
if i play past the end of the demo, nothing happens, the screen does not change and the “end of demo” text does not appear.
plus there is the “machinarium demo” text in the lower left corner.

could someone give me a linux executable?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 01:40:20 pm by flying sheep » Logged
flying sheep
little robot

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 11:55:24 pm »

noone?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: