Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:50:50 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minimum System Requirements  (Read 8875 times)
BajaBoojum
little robot

« on: February 03, 2010, 09:14:10 pm »

I'm starting this topic to help others decide whether Machinarium will work on their computers.  Perhaps others would like to post their system details to further the discussion.

I've only seen system requirements in the non-Amanita stores.  Did I miss this information for those of us who bought directly from them?  

My netbook is below the recommended specs, but runs the game fairly well. Here they are:
HP 2133 Mini-Note
Windows 7 HP
VIA C7-M 1.2 GHz
8.9" Display, 1280X768
2 GB RAM
VIA VN896 Chrome9 HC IGP

A few things I've done to squeeze out better performance:
Use a basic theme- this minimizes Windows Desktop Manager.
Disabled/removed unecessary processes/services.
Set my Norton to go into 'Silent Mode' for this game.
If things are going really slow, disable speakers- this minimizes audiodg.exe (after reboot).

Using a performance monitor, the CPU ran at or close to 100% most of the time.  Despite that, my experience was pretty good.  The game was a bit choppy in places, but not bad.  The music was fine.  I never had a crash, freeze, or loss of progress.  

The biggest issue was the mouse.  Sometimes the cursor was jerky and hard to manage.  The two places that were difficult were the owl on the wire and the virus maze. Minimizing the window down to the owl and robot helped- thanks to the poster for this idea!  I got through the virus maze, but it was tough.

I also messed around with display options; the game always defaulted to 80%, which is OK.  Changing the display to either 100% or 125% made no difference.

All in all it was a fun game, but I suspect I'm near the lower limits of system requirements.

I hope this helps others enjoy this wonderful game.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:44:29 pm by BajaBoojum » Logged
BajaBoojum
little robot

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 03:59:18 pm »

As a follow up to this, I'm now playing Samorost2.  In some ways, it's actually harder on my small screen than Machinarium.  Little details like the red tips of the three valves are almost impossible to see and line up.

Thanks to the Amanita team for keeping us netbookers in mind!

Would it be useful to pin this topic?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: