Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:48:49 am

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fricken Bird Won't Fall  (Read 30753 times)
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 07:14:58 pm »

So you substituted the machinarium.sol that Lamkin made and it worked?  (Lamkin is running Machinarium on a MAC, so this would mean that the .sol files are cross-platform!)

Cool!    Cool

Edit:  Confirmed!  I just loaded Lamkin's .sol on my WinXP version of Machinarium and it works.  BTW, nice job saving in 80% mode, Lamkin, just what BunnyCat needed to run on her netbook.  Well done, dude!

« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 07:26:05 pm by ABoretz » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 09:13:03 pm »

Yeah, before uploading the file I was going to post and ask whether or not the files were cross-platform or platform-independent....but I figured that they had to be; I couldn't see why they wouldn't be, in other words.

And I, um, wish I could say that my saving in 80% mode was intentional. My computer's maximum resolution is 1024 x 768, so I can't run the game in 100% mode, plus it simply hadn't occurred to me that a netbook user wouldn't be able to use a file that was saved in 100% mode, and it also hadn't occurred to me that that information would be saved in the .sol file—though it makes perfect sense that it would be as it's essentially a preferences file; whether or not the game is running at full screen as opposed to in a window is also saved.
But, having said all that, I'm very glad it worked out. =op

So I would strongly suggest that all other shared .sol files be saved in 80% mode in order to guarantee that nobody runs into the "Hey, how am I supposed to use this on my netbook?" problem. ;o) Or maybe people could upload two separate files?
BunnyCat
citizen robot

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 09:46:56 pm »

You guys rock. Thanks so much for your help.
BunnyCat
citizen robot

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 09:50:06 pm »

I'm really happy that this got worked out, given the number of people who seem to have this problem (hence the number of forum views on "bird won't fall", etc.)

More netbook-using fans for Amanita. Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: