Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:26:14 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium Pirate Amnesty  (Read 24669 times)
ABoretz
god of all robots

« on: August 06, 2010, 07:07:39 am »

according to GameZebo (as quoted from the Amanita blog):

Amanita Design is hoping that the software pirates who played their indie adventure Machinarium illegally will turn out to have a conscience after all. The company has put Machinarium on sale in a promotion it's calling Machinarium Pirate Amnesty. "Everybody who downloaded our game illegally (for free) has now a chance to redeem himself and get the latest version of the game (Win+Mac+Linux) and it’s fantastic Soundtrack only for $5 (instead of $20)," the company wrote. Even if you didn't pirate the game, $5 is a great deal for this indie gem so head on over to the game page.

"We released the game DRM free which means it doesn’t include any anti-piracy protection, therefore the game doesn’t bother players with any serial codes or online authentication, but it’s also very easy to copy it," Amanita continued. "Our estimate from the feedback is that only 5-15% of Machinarium players actually paid for the game. If you decide to buy the game, you can be sure you’ll support directly the developers, not any big publisher or distributor."

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:27:53 am by ABoretz » Logged
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 03:30:10 pm »

Jakub posted a high-res version of the Pirate Amnesty Sale image for anyone interested.
Phinelete
little robot

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 12:17:51 am »

Pople who pirate games digust me... I bought Machinarium the moment the boxed version was available and couldn't be more satisfied.

By the way, I really want this "sinking pirate ship" to be a part of Machinarium 2, it would look brilliant in motion.  Wink
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 02:37:08 am »

"PixelPerfectGaming.com contacted Jakub at Amanita Design to ask a few important questions regarding the recent pirating of Machinarium.  Gamers are concerned that developers like Amanita Design may change their mind about DRM free games and adopt a more corporate approach."

Quoting JD from the interview:  "...nothing will change.  We [Amanita Design] will continue developing cross-platforms independent DRM free games.  Despite the piracy our games sell well and we are thankful to all people who paid us and supported us."

Link: http://www.pixelperfectgaming.com/pixelperfectgaming/?p=8299

greengordon
little rusty robot

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 02:24:47 pm »

Is there anyway to activate this through Steam, as well? It was a shame the Steam version didn't have the same discount, but it was this pirate amnesty that brought the game to my attention in the first place.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: