Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:16:23 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UK CE with empty DVD?  (Read 7383 times)
hiryu
little robot

« on: December 25, 2010, 03:19:49 am »

Hi,
bought the UK Collector's Edition of the game this week and tried to install it today. The problem is, when i put in the disc there are absolutely no files shown at all.
After i ordered the game, i already heard that there were issues with faulty Mac/PC-only prints, so i feared that there was a chance of getting one of those. Now having a disc without a single file on it is quite unexpected though. Is this yet another faulty print or am i doing something wrong? I'm quite annoyed to be honest. Never had such a problem before with the normal retail version of a game and was really looking forward to this game.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 08:16:58 pm »

Quote from: hiryu

bought the UK Collector's Edition... i already heard that there were issues with faulty Mac/PC-only prints, so i feared that there was a chance of getting one of those.

Yep.  Your fears are confirmed; you got one of the bum disks.

Read through the Official Mamba Games Retail Machinarium Thread for the whole story.

Or - if my guess is right and it's specifically the PC version that you're missing - just write to: support@lm-global.net and remember to include some form of proof of purchase to expedite the process.

hiryu
little robot

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 12:09:15 pm »

Thanks for the reply. It seems though, that there is no problem with the disc after all. I took the disc to a friend to run it on his computer and it ran without any problems. After googling a bit i came to the conclusion, that it has to do with my cd drive (a MATSHITA UJ-860S, which often seems to have problems with certain copy protections; don't know if this is the case here), since it isn't recognizing any content on the disc at all, which is strange, since it reads other DVDs without any problems. Stupid random stuff/bad luck it seems. Only option is to borrow an external drive, which won't have problems reading the disc i guess.

Update: Solved the problem by deactivating the IMAPI CD BURNING COM SERVICE in the administrative tools under services. So i'm installing the game right now. =)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 12:24:22 pm by hiryu » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: