Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:36:54 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cd copy of Amanita Game  (Read 8359 times)
msmoon
little robot

« on: January 29, 2011, 08:42:39 pm »

I am going to be away from home and will be staying at my parents house where there is no net connection. Angry
I very much would like to take a cd copy of this game with me to help fight off the bordem but when I put it on a disc and tried it on my laptop, it didn't work. Question is, can I not burn it and take it with me? TIA Smiley
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 02:33:31 pm by Alex » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 10:32:17 pm »

Quote from: msmoon

I very much would like to take a cd copy of this game with me... but when I put it on a disc and tried it on my laptop, it didn't work.

You didn't say, but I'm guessing you're running a Windows OS.  So if you mean that you burned a copy of the file folder containing the installed game on to a CD then, no, that won't work.

You need the installation executable to correctly install the game to a new machine.

If you still have the digital download of the game you got back in 2009 along with Patch #1 and Patch #2 then just burn those three to CD and either install on your laptop or on to your parent's machine when you get there.  (you can always de-install before you leave)

Hope this helps.

P.S.  Don't forget to compare your laptop's specs against the game's requirements or you'll just frustrate yourself even further.   Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 10:43:39 pm by ABoretz » Logged
msmoon
little robot

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 06:45:18 pm »

Thanks so much for your informative reply. Yes, I am running windows (7) and later on today I will follow what you have told me. Fingers crossed it's going to work. Smiley
RainingTip
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 12:29:07 pm »

And this is another problem that has been solved by detective ABortez  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: