Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:02:07 am

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Samorost2 (box version) published in Russia  (Read 79984 times)
syntheticgerbil
citizen robot

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 04:42:06 pm »

Thanks! and just how does 698,00 руб convert to U.S. dollars? Is that Russian Rubles or another currency?

also, I feel dumb asking this, but how exactly do I purchase through here? I know there is probably an add to cart button, but I don't want to accidentally do something I'll regret by messing up. For you others who don't speak Russian, how did you get around?

I don't know if you bought this already, but I'll try to help some. Kniga is definitely the only site I know of that ships to the US. You'll see earlier in this thread I could find no Russian site at all that shipped here.

Basically, I had to just keep entering stuff into Google Translate in Russian and translating so I know what I was filling out. Just follow the brown little shopping cart icon and also you will have to register with the site first.

It's a little bit of work, but there's no easy English friendly way otherwise.

The currency is indeed the Russian Rouble. If you want to check double check the prices, especially when you get to shipping costs, you can check at www.xe.com and convert the currency.

356 Roubles converts to around $12.50. I think I ended up paying around $20 total after shipping. Really not bad at all! Much nicer than other prices the game fetches in Euros or British pounds actually, and you get more stuff!

Hope this helps and good luck!
igloop
noble citizen robot

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 02:16:00 am »

Thanks! and just how does 698,00 руб convert to U.S. dollars? Is that Russian Rubles or another currency?

also, I feel dumb asking this, but how exactly do I purchase through here? I know there is probably an add to cart button, but I don't want to accidentally do something I'll regret by messing up. For you others who don't speak Russian, how did you get around?

I don't know if you bought this already, but I'll try to help some. Kniga is definitely the only site I know of that ships to the US. You'll see earlier in this thread I could find no Russian site at all that shipped here.

Basically, I had to just keep entering stuff into Google Translate in Russian and translating so I know what I was filling out. Just follow the brown little shopping cart icon and also you will have to register with the site first.

It's a little bit of work, but there's no easy English friendly way otherwise.

The currency is indeed the Russian Rouble. If you want to check double check the prices, especially when you get to shipping costs, you can check at www.xe.com and convert the currency.

356 Roubles converts to around $12.50. I think I ended up paying around $20 total after shipping. Really not bad at all! Much nicer than other prices the game fetches in Euros or British pounds actually, and you get more stuff!

Hope this helps and good luck!
Thanks!

I have yet to buy this, but it's an extremely low price, and I love the artwork/casing. The only possible downside is that this version appears to only be for PC, where as the CD version sold on Amanita's website store contains both the Mac and PC version.

So I guess I'll buy that one first, and pick this one up later.

Helpful post! thank you again.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: