Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:03:10 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Samorost2 (box version) published in Russia  (Read 79561 times)
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« on: December 11, 2008, 03:37:24 pm »

package contains 2 CD's (game and soundtrack) and little artbook with some sketches, informations etc. if you are from Russia and still looking for small christmas gift for somebody, maybe it could be handy.
it was published by Snowball Studios (http://www.snowball.ru/samorost2/)
Monko
noble citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 10:31:01 am »

Cool It's GREAT !
I will buy it uniquely!!!  Grin

I'm so happy!
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 09:16:32 am »

It was fun to visit the Snowball Studios' site using a web-based text translation tool.  That's how I was able to read the interview with JD they have there in "English"... 
and learned that JD "used natural means in order to destroy the sterility of virtual peace"!   Cheesy

http://66.163.168.225/babelfish/translate_url_content?.intl=us&lp=ru_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.snowball.ru%2fsamorost2%2f%3fpage%3dinterview

Of course I'm only joking.  I think it's really great that Samorost 2 has begun to achieve wider distribution!  Congratulations JD and everyone else at Amanita Design!!

Ian
citizen robot

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 03:54:04 am »

Hi everyone - say was anything like this ever publish in english (Yeah I'm really late in seeing this) if not is the russian version still available to buy - I've seen it here http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/4182855/#images  but couldn't see any purchase options.

thx
Ian

Spread the Word NOT the Game
MacGueurle
little robot

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 05:23:53 pm »

Too bad it's Windows-only though.  Sad
syntheticgerbil
citizen robot

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 07:43:31 pm »

Hello, sorry to bump this topic, but I hope there is someone out there who is able to buy this that can ship it to me in the United States? I can't find the DVD boxed version of this for sale anywhere, and have e-mailed the publisher and Jakub Dvorsky, but they had no boxed versions to sell or ship to me.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 10:11:18 pm by syntheticgerbil » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 07:58:37 pm »

I can't find the DVD boxed version of this for sale anywhere, and have e-mailed the publisher and Jakub Dvorsk

Hi.  Looks like you tried to use an accented letter "y" and that's why the rest of your text was truncated.  Welcome to our pesky resident forum bug.   Undecided
Anyway, about getting a boxed version of Samorost 2, you can still get the CD version by following the "Store" link on Amanita Design's website.

syntheticgerbil
citizen robot

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 10:13:49 pm »

Oops, thanks for the help. I didn't realize there was a forum bug.

Anyway, what I said after the rest of my post just disappeared is, I really would just like to get that sketchbook/artbook that comes with the Russian DVD Boxed version. If anyone knows how I can get this book only, or if it's in other releases available in places that ship to the US, that would be most helpful. I would love to have a little Samarost art book.

Even if someone is willing to get the DVD version shipped to them and then send it to me in the United States, I'd be very grateful. I will pay all shipping costs and them some if anyone can help me. Smiley
syntheticgerbil
citizen robot

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 09:31:41 pm »

No one can reply with answers?

Well anyway, I guess if Amanita ever directly wants to sell the little Samorost 2 artbooks, please let me know, as I will be the first in line to purchase one.

I guess for now I have to try to make a Russian friend who will maybe ship to me.

If anyone else has any more solutions, please let me know too.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:14:19 am by syntheticgerbil » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 11:09:51 pm »

Try looking through the "Where are our members from?" thread and PM-ing active forum members living in Russia with your request. 

syntheticgerbil
citizen robot

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 12:26:28 am »

Haha, thank you, I'll try that tomorrow.  Smiley

I hope they don't find me rude, I just really love this game, and I love collecting art books as an artist myself, no matter how small.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 03:31:53 am »

PM me if you have any luck.  I too am interested in obtaining the Snowball Studios' boxed set.   Wink

syntheticgerbil
citizen robot

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 06:08:17 pm »

Well, I sent the messages, I hope someone can come through.

What's really weird is Snowball studios responded but couldn't help me. Why doesn't the publisher have extra copies of the games to sell?

They asked me first if I had a UPS account, so I signed up for one, but then later said they could not ship to me.

Snowball then told me to ask Jakub, assuring me that he had a ton of copies and could definitely help me more than them, but the thing is, I had asked Jakub before Snowball studios. He said he did not have any copies of the game or sketchbook he could ship to the United States.

This is frustrating because I wish there were another site that sold it besides Ozon. I have the money to buy this game and have it shipped here, but I can't seem to find the means to have that actually done.
syntheticgerbil
citizen robot

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 05:20:25 pm »

No luck. I've sent every Russian member in that thread a PM, but they probably aren't active or are not interested in helping.

Maybe something will still come through though...  Sad
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 08:05:32 am »

Sorry to hear of your disappointment.  Hopefully in time there'll come a response to your requests.  I must admit that Snowball package does really look cool.   Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: