Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:45:19 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Screen Res/Controls problems [SOLVED]  (Read 11581 times)
CapZap
little robot

« on: February 01, 2011, 06:36:44 am »

I just bought the game and found early on that the area of the screen where the cursor is active is way off from the area being controlled.  My screen res is normally 2560 by 1600 but I've tried other resolutions down to 800 X 600.  The problem is that the controls often don't work.  For instance, to select an item on the inventory tab I have to get the up/down symbol that increases the robot's height, slide it up to the inventory tab and then use it to select or use the invetory items.  When I get a selection hand, it never controls anything.  Changing screen resolution only changes the aren where the cursor is active -- always somewhere vaguely off to the right and down from the aren where the control icons (legs, arrows) appear.  I never get the panel at the bottom of the game screen that has the full screen selection -- although I did when the game first opened but attempting to click on the "full screen" selection made it disappear for good.

I bought the game through Steam so there's no change of a refund or help from the vendor so I'm here.

I would think this problem is fairly common and I've seen references to screen res problems in other forums but nothing about the controls only activating at some vague spot unrelated to the items I'm trying to control.  

Any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:57:05 am by Alex » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 07:23:35 am »

Try one or more of the standard recommendations and please write back with whatever results you do or don't achieve.

CapZap
little robot

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 04:48:45 am »

Setting the font size to 100% did the trick.  Never in a million years would that have occurred to me.  Thank you for your help.  I'm really excited to play the game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: