Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:14:25 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Copyright infringement? surely this game can't exist?  (Read 14793 times)
retro_10s
citizen robot

« on: August 07, 2011, 02:56:58 pm »

I'm concerened,... just came across this game, It is blatantly using Machinarium Models, and the Samarost character  Undecided

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/games/play/81703738/?lt=pgm (link is to EBAUMS, so might not be Work safe... i have warned you)

Has this already been posted? is it known of? surely it can't be done without Amanita's approval?  Huh

apologies in advance should it turn out to be perfectly okay...
Euphoria
noble citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 11:06:03 pm »

Holy Sh*t Your'e Right!  Angry
retro_10s
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 09:55:37 am »

I've spotted so many characters!, the king robot dude in the tower, the birds, the funny little vaccum-ing things, some police men/maybe villains, and of course Samorost.

Cry

And it's a completely SHIT game!
Mariya
space invader

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 09:56:50 am »

Smells like infringement shit )) Amanita shoud have copyrighted everything, from dimensions and colours of robots up to their movements
retro_10s
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 10:01:23 am »

Even the background is ripped from Machinarium.

Disgraceful. Angry

Euphoria
noble citizen robot

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 05:06:16 pm »

How can such a shitty game can have these amazing characters taken illegaly!? Angry
Amanita should do something about it Cheesy
adamc
little rusty robot

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 12:33:54 pm »

wow, i just cant read can I. forget i posted Wink
retro_10s
citizen robot

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 09:17:10 pm »

I'm suprised this thread i started hasn't had more attention,.... is there a way of alerting the Forum Admins?.....

I'm 100% sure this game doesn't 'damage' amanita in anyway really, but it is a big old face slapping case of enormous Copyrite infringement!

should i post this somewhere else?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 06:28:43 am »

Quote from: retro_10s

I'm suprised this thread i started hasn't had more attention,.... is there a way of alerting the Forum Admins?.....

440+ views is, actually, a LOT more attention than most threads get here in so short a time-span, retro_10s.  (in case you hadn't noticed, this fourm is generally a pretty quiet place  Wink )

But, if you mean "Why haven't the developers posted a response?", that's probably because they don't actually visit this forum very often these days (too busy at work porting the game to new platforms, etc.) and they might have missed your original post.  So, if you want, you can use the contact page to directly send a message to them about the EBAUMS rip-off. (i would suggest using the "Press and Business" form)

Meanwhile, thank you for the headzup!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: