Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 11:44:01 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: owl on the wire  (Read 24973 times)
martinn
little robot

« on: December 27, 2009, 08:13:56 pm »

When I extend and shrink myself the owl (or maybe crow) on the wire extends and shrinks as well but the wire does not breake (or cut).
Is there any trick?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 08:23:43 pm »

You'll find your answer here: "Bird and the wire (bug?)"

martinn
little robot

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 08:44:05 pm »

I have read it all, but no help.
The wire does not break.
I am disappointed - up to this place I enjoyed myself, now I will claim my money back.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 09:05:32 pm »

Why so impatient?   Huh

Using the SEARCH facility of this forum for the word "bird" yields many results besides the one you read.  This one also has many helpful comments.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 05:56:36 am by ABoretz » Logged
martinn
little robot

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 08:01:26 pm »

Came on!
Spending hours moving mouse up and down is not fun at all. It goes against the spirit of machinarium - crativity, play, fun, logic, challenge.
Sandy Trunks
captain robot

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 08:21:56 pm »

Came on!
Spending hours moving mouse up and down is not fun at all. It goes against the spirit of machinarium - crativity, play, fun, logic, challenge.
If you think "the spirit of machinarium" embodies "challenge" then you should stop complaining. You want "challenge"? You got one!  Cheesy
Zjeraar
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 02:32:47 am »

I am disappointed - up to this place I enjoyed myself, now I will claim my money back.

You've got to be kidding me. Because you've encountered a section in the game that to you is slightly more challenging, you immediately want your money back (even considering you've already got to enjoy about half of the game)? If everyone shared your attitude, no game developer would ever make a profit.

Have you ever been on a swing? If so, you can solve this puzzle: you just have to time your movements.

Of the gameplay in Machinarium, this particular game mechanic made me smile. It's a clever use of the character's abilities and the solution can be deduced. This was a part of the game that made Machinarium -- besides its visuals and music -- so special to me.

I'm sorry, but I'm just unable to comprehend how you want a complete refund because of it.
piotr_mil
little rusty robot

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 02:07:19 am »

You want "challenge"? You got one!  Cheesy

What kind of idiotic explanation is that? Randomness is not a challenge. How rude one has to be to mock other users with such statements?
antman33
little robot

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 11:17:18 pm »

Came on!

I had the same issue - but I believe it's actually the speed of your computer that is the issue. I spent minutes bouncing to no avail, but just got a MUCH faster macbook pro (replacing my old powerbook g4) and on the first try the bird fell off. No real "timing" involved? Except for maybe letting the "bounce" take over and not going too fast with your movements.

Apparently there may be a way to solve it sans spending the 2k I just did and that is to take the game OFF of "fullscreen mode". I guess that helps a slower computer not be so slow?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: