Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:37:55 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: openSUSE 11.4 + Flash 64-bit works perfectly in windowed mode  (Read 9093 times)
bruno
little rusty robot

« on: August 12, 2011, 05:32:39 am »

Hi all,

I acquired Machinarium in Humble Indie Bundle 3 and had the reported difficulties with mouse movement and menu selection, making the game unplayable. So I removed Flash 32-bit and installed version 11 beta 2 64-bit from Adobe site - just extracted the files from the tarball and did
Code:
cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib64/browser-plugins
as per openSUSE forum How-To, and it works nicely in windowed mode (hardware acceleration, mouse, etc), but fullscreen is still a problem.
flan_suse
citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 07:48:37 pm »

Hi all,

I acquired Machinarium in Humble Indie Bundle 3 and had the reported difficulties with mouse movement and menu selection, making the game unplayable. So I removed Flash 32-bit and installed version 11 beta 2 64-bit from Adobe site - just extracted the files from the tarball and did
Code:
cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib64/browser-plugins
as per openSUSE forum How-To, and it works nicely in windowed mode (hardware acceleration, mouse, etc), but fullscreen is still a problem.

Last I checked, Machinarium ships with its own version of Flash (10.0). It's a very old version, and 10.3+ (especially 11 beta 2) have come a long way on Linux. So no matter what version of Flash you have installed on the system, the game still uses Flash 10.0; the version it ships with.

You can check this by right-clicking in the game and going to About Flash Player.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: