Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:33:27 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium Demo Available  (Read 84116 times)
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 08:30:31 am »

Played it through a couple of times since then. Was trying to find some bugs, like changing the proper order of tasks at the very end of the demo (placing the mine cart on the rails but not sitting on it and calling a new one instead to see what happens etc.) but it seems you thought about everything that could break the game. I'm very pleased Smiley

My only gripe was the lack of the Main Menu button. It's true, you can access main functions like Save, Load and Credits from the bottom bar but for example to start a new game (I clicked on 'continue' once by mistake), you have to exit the demo if you're already ingame. No other way to return to the main menu which I'm using as a screen saver now... btw, any chance to make that an official screen saver? Grin

Also sent a tip to Kotaku.com and GamersHell.com, hopefully they'll put the news on their sites. It's been more than 24 hours since the demo was released.

I'll repeat myself:
Guys, this is brilliant! The level of detail, atmosphere and music... they all fit together. The gameplay instantly drew me in. I'm so glad I pre-ordered.
Tongue
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 10:15:49 am »

My only gripe was the lack of the Main Menu button. It's true, you can access main functions like Save, Load and Credits from the bottom bar but for example to start a new game (I clicked on 'continue' once by mistake), you have to exit the demo if you're already ingame. No other way to return to the main menu which I'm using as a screen saver now... btw, any chance to make that an official screen saver? Grin

There's actually a way to get back to the main menu ingame: when you're seeing the menu screen just save it in a slot. Now you can simply load the main menu from anywhere in the game Wink

Also how did you do the screensaver?
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 01:55:10 pm »

Sure, you can use some tricks to get back to the opening screen but that won't change the fact that the Main Menu option doesn't exist. Though it's not an issue as the game can be restarted in a matter of seconds and that menu is not that important as in other titles. But it would be still handy. Though I guess it's too late to implement it now as Machinarium has gone gold Smiley No matter.

So far I just left the main menu running to get an animated screensaver effect. Will take a better look today if it's possible to somehow convert it to a proper screensaver. But if the devs have some time and motivation, modifying the main menu to a Machinarium screensaver would make a great promotion and a lovely gift to the fans.
Rhialto
captain robot

the Marvellous

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 02:33:06 pm »

btw, any chance to make that an official screen saver? Grin Tongue

That would have been great!  When you finish the game, you get a screensaver like I've seen with some other small games.  Maybe it's in there and we don't know yet?

But the best screen saver remain the one that blank the screen.
After 2 minutes I've left the keyboard my screen goes to an almost OFF status.
Imaging if it was the same for every computer in the world.
Enough electricity to power a small city.
iakchos
citizen robot

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 06:56:47 pm »

Wahhhhhh, i dont want to spoil me with a demo.
but im soo curious about it,
no - yes -no
ahh what the hell im loading it down Smiley
(i worked so hard today, that i deserve it)

Afterwards:
Its just amazing....and seems pretty hard, wich i like, since that was the demo and i nearly failed on the last part (it took quiet long for me, to get that pipe in the right place and jump on it)
I like those riddles totally, since it is likely clear what you have to do and its hard to do it in the right order though.
oh, yes and the grafics, sounds, and animations, not even to speak about the talking pictures... so crazy good. also the helpdesk i found really useful and perfectly designed (although i thought the helpdesk was the saving option for the first time)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 07:57:35 pm by iakchos » Logged
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 12:55:52 am »

so here comes the Mac Demo - this one works!
http://www.bigdownload.com/games/machinarium/pc/machinarium-demo-mac/

nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 09:31:31 am »

The guys at GamersHell posted the demo in the news. I even got a personal thank you Grin
http://www.gamershell.com/news_84742.html
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/news.html?year=2009&month=10&day=1
in the middle of the page, below Fallen Earth and above Risen Demo.

Sending the tip about the Mac demo in a minute Smiley
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 12:18:17 pm »

Its just amazing....and seems pretty hard, wich i like, since that was the demo and i nearly failed on the last part (it took quiet long for me, to get that pipe in the right place and jump on it)
Me too - I knew what to do but couldn't get it quite right. In the end I used the walkthrough, which is worth it just for the unlocking minigame.
LucidShadows
citizen robot

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 04:51:31 am »

Looks great guys! Was everything i was hoping for and more. Even after watching the previews leading up to it, it took me a fair while to figure out the puzzles, which im glad about. Can't wait till it comes out!  Grin
BSmrtt
little robot

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 08:27:11 am »

would love to play it, but need a MAC OS X 10.5 version please:)
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 10:55:30 am »

would love to play it, but need a MAC OS X 10.5 version please:)

What exactly is the problem with the Mac Version jd posted a few posts over yours?
kosak
captain robot

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 08:39:41 pm »

Just to show how much Im looking forward to this game! Grin Grin Grin

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 04:18:19 am by ABoretz » Logged
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 08:54:24 pm »

That's great kosak! Did you make that during class?
kosak
captain robot

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 10:50:47 am »

yeah! Grin Grin drawing is the only funny thing to do at school Grin Grin Grin
leanne
captain robot

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 10:52:44 pm »

weee! i feel the same Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: