Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:54:09 pm

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Glitch with dog and oil can/ plunger shooter [Solved?]  (Read 44081 times)
Nycgrrrl
little robot

« on: September 25, 2011, 04:00:35 am »

Hi. Had my first big glitch and have installed the update on ipad2. Have the plunger in the shooter, and can get oil can in position and oil, but when I come down from the oil can control thing, i just shake my head when I try to use the plunger shooter. I tried clicking the dog and tired it from multiple spots including far right.  Any thoughts on how to move on from here?  Thx
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:31:38 am by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 07:50:11 am »

Quote from: Nycgrrrl

i just shake my head when I try to use the plunger shooter.

First combine the plunger and shooter together while they're still in The Inventory.  Then, when you're down by the water edge and the dog is lapping up the oil you gave him pull the combined shooter/plunger out of The Inventory and wave it over the dog.

That ought to do it.   Wink

Nycgrrrl
little robot

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 06:41:51 pm »

Thanks Alex.  That is what I've been trying over and over again. Isn't working. Even went back, turned the iPad off rebooted and tried it again and no luck. Can't pull the combined plunger/shooter out while dog is lapping. Just get head shaking. Any other thoughts?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 07:05:16 am »

Quote from: Nycgrrrl

Can't pull the combined plunger/shooter out while dog is lapping. Just get head shaking.

That is Weird!  Does this walkthrough page suggest anything you may not have tried?
http://f.cl.ly/items/3E1v3t00042r3j2g213Z/Catch%20the%20Dog%20Part%201.png
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:41:34 am by Lamkin » Logged
dsilen
little rusty robot

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 01:08:49 pm »

Hi! I have found a similar glitch on MacOS/ AppStore/ Lion. When up in the tower nothing happens when trying to move the oil-can. When pressing the button after turning the dial to four, the oil-can stays still and no sound etc is played. Same after restarting the game.
I surely can't be the only one?! I've checked the spoiler and also spoiler-movies and I do exactly as supposed to. I use Flashplayer 10.0.32.18 (without hardware acceleration as instructed). MacOS 10.7.1

/Daniel
chud182
little rusty robot

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 03:33:42 am »

same problem... with iPad 2...  can't get the gun and plunger (which ARE connected) out of inventory to shoot the dog.
any ideas??
thx!
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 09:43:56 am »

Are you running Veresion 1.2?

link: http://amanita-design.net/forum/index.php/topic,2804.0.html

Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 06:38:05 am »

bump

Hey Everyone,

It would be helpful to get forum members' input here:  Did the Version 1.2 patch for the iPAD port of Machinarium solve your playability problems?

Neiljcn
little rusty robot

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 04:34:14 am »

Hi I just downloaded this for my IPad and I an having the same problem with the dog and Plunger gun.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 06:07:29 pm »

We haven't gotten any feedback from others that were stuck at this point so we have to assume that eventually you will find your way past this problem.  Good luck.  (we'd appreciate if you'd do us the favor of writing back when you're through so others will know how to get on with the game)

Dr Zoidberg
little robot

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 12:06:30 pm »

Hi there.

Unfortunately I'm stuck at the same point. I have the plunger gun and can attract the dog to the oil but nothing I try will get the gun to work - I just get a head shake each time.

This is on an iPad 3, just in case it turns out to be relevant, and I found the plunger before the gun.

Hopefully there's something that can be done. I'm going to try a previous save and see if I have more luck second time.
Dr Zoidberg
little robot

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 12:17:52 pm »

Very quick follow up....
I had a save from just before I collected the gun and plunger so I went back to that, collected the gun first and combined them again and it just worked.

Very odd, but now I'm past the problem.

Oh, and I absolutely love this game. I've not played anything with a point and click interface since my Amiga days and this is a real treat.  Grin
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 08:09:44 pm »

Quote from: Dr Zoidberg
Very quick follow up....

THANK YOU for that follow up, Doc!  My method has always assumed that it was just a matter of going through a level once more to get it right.  

Have fun with the rest of the game.   Grin

Edit...
I wonder if that detail about how you "collected the gun first and combined them again" is important. (?)  Perhaps the glitch is caused if you get the plunger first and THEN get the gun.  (?)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:53:18 am by Alex » Logged
Marke
little rusty robot

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 01:29:11 pm »

YES!  And frustrating. I love the game but this was bad design. Everything to this point makes sense of why things happen. But now I need to load a much earlier version and do all this again. Not cool for a big fan of the game. First major flaw. Not sure why it wasn't fixed. The first door is plunger.  Why woukd you do that to a user?  You said it yourself in this thread as your last edit. IPad 3 btw.
CrumhornPlayer
little robot

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 08:00:23 am »

I'm stuck at the same point - have tried collecting gun then plunger, and plunger then gun, but it doesn't make any difference. It gets SO tiresome trying things over and over again, when you KNOW that you've done everything right  Sad

I'd really been enjoying the game up to this point, but this glitch has taken the shine off it for me..... after experimenting on several occasions and getting nowhere with something which ought to work straight away, I've begun to think 'Good grief, I've just wasted an hour of my life doing that!!!' Cry
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: