Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:01:45 am

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Glitch with dog and oil can/ plunger shooter [Solved?]  (Read 44089 times)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 08:10:57 am »

Quote from: CrumhornPlayer
I'm stuck at the same point - have tried collecting gun then plunger, and plunger then gun, but it doesn't make any difference.

Really?  Are you sure about that?

An earlier poster said "collected the gun first and combined them again and it just worked".

Please try that again and write back.

CrumhornPlayer
little robot

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 08:27:45 am »

Now I'm going to seem like a real idiot (but nothing to do with the order of the gun and plunger, as I had tried that both ways round previously)! Someone earlier on the thread had mentioned hovering the gun over the dog, and I had done that before too, but I've just had another go, and this time hovered it over the dog for longer than I'd done before, and it WORKED - I can hardly believe it!

I think what had derailed me before was the idea that the robot could only interact with things very close to it - so I had been trying desperately to get him to accept/swallow the gun and plunger by hovering it around him. I'd only gone over to the dog briefly a few times previously, and obviously hadn't hovered it there long enough for it to 'take' on the dog.

Hurray, and thank-you to the person who posted that hint!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:17:43 am by CrumhornPlayer » Logged
Seffen99
little rusty robot

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 09:53:41 am »

Guys,

Keep the following in mind (gave me à headache):
- please make sure to combine the gun and the plunger!!

The reason it doesn't work, isn't a design flaw. It's because it looks like the gun and plunger are allready combined when you collect them (the way it's drawn in the inventory). So combine them (even if you think the are allready combined.

This should solve this prolem.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 07:20:09 am »

Quote from: Seffen99
The reason it doesn't work, isn't a design flaw. It's because it looks like the gun and plunger are allready combined when you collect them (the way it's drawn in the inventory). So combine them (even if you think the are allready combined.

This should solve this prolem.

Thanks Seffen99, you make a good point!
The gun and plunger are quite obviously seen as separate items in the inventory when playing on a full-sized computer screen but they become less recognizable as separate items as your screen size is diminished for iPADs, Androids, etc.

Just "combine them even if you think they are already combined" and you'll be fine.  :~)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: