Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:44:09 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiple installs allowed?  (Read 18706 times)
QuaxTal
little robot

« on: October 06, 2009, 02:07:12 am »

Will I be able to install this game on more than one computer?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 02:29:29 am »

To quote JD, "the game will be completely DRM free, no worries:)"
http://www.machinarium.com/machinarioforum/index.php?topic=243.msg881#msg881

QuaxTal
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 02:40:43 am »

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I saw that post before I made mine, but I don't see the quote you told me. All I see from JD is:

I trust you quoted JD from somewhere valid, and thanks again Smiley
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 03:05:23 am by QuaxTal » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 03:04:19 am »

Sorry QuaxTal.  Text disappearing from older posts has been a mounting problem on the Forum lately.  JD will be alerted to this phenomenon and, hopefully, a fix will be ready at hand.

Meanwhile, yes, that was a direct quote from JD.  Machinarium will be DRM free.

uhada
little robot

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 01:12:40 pm »

How will you control, that we don't abuse the game and just give it away? Do you just trust us? (You can trust me of course  Wink)
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 01:59:33 pm »

In my opinion, copy protection costs a fair amount and people pirate games anyway. You can use Starforce, Tages, Securom etc. but all of these can, and will be bypassed in a matter of hours or days - even before the official release date, if The Scene can get his hands on an early copy.

Amanita made the right choice, they don't sell their game for too much (like some indie groups who are now bust or close to it because of being stupid) so people who value their work and are able to afford it, will buy this masterpiece. If they don't then they would've pirated it in any case, regardless of a copy protection.

Besides, people who rent the game from Steam will have DRM on their copy anyway (at least I bloody hope so) Grin
uhada
little robot

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 01:54:27 pm »

I fully agree! To do it this way is absolutely most likable, and it's the only way to handle the pirates - to simply make it not worth pirating Smiley
And as regards Steam there is always DRM, they have their own system. So I can't see why there shouldn't be on Machinarium.
tblrsa
noble citizen robot

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 03:29:53 pm »

If Machinarium would have had a restrictive DRM System, i probably wouldlnt have spent my money on it. I usually only buy DRM Free Games.
Psyanide
little rusty robot

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 01:59:11 pm »

So, as I have my laptop downstairs (pc) and mac upstairs, can I download and install both versions? Or am I just being cheeky?!  Grin

I've got to say too, I love point and clickers and this is one of the most lovingly designed and well executed pieces of gaming I've come across for a long time. I expect the metacritic scores on this to be very, very high - and deservedly so.

Well done to all and here's wishing you every success!
uhada
little robot

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 02:44:58 pm »

So, as I have my laptop downstairs (pc) and mac upstairs, can I download and install both versions? Or am I just being cheeky?!  Grin

I've got to say too, I love point and clickers and this is one of the most lovingly designed and well executed pieces of gaming I've come across for a long time. I expect the metacritic scores on this to be very, very high - and deservedly so.

Well done to all and here's wishing you every success!

I've thought about the same. I have PC my self, but i would like to show the game to my father - who is not much of a gamer, so there is no chance he will buy it him self - and he is running a Mac. But that I can run it on both my laptop and stationary pc is wonderful also!

And I really agree with Psyanide at the last point! I already enjoy the beautyful soundtrack and the pics on my desktop ^^
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 02:47:15 pm by uhada » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: