Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:16:08 am

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time of release  (Read 56440 times)
Fien
noble citizen robot

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2009, 11:49:50 am »

I must have been one of the first people to pre-order it too (5th of July), but I haven't received any  email yet either.
I was hoping to start playing the game today.

Oh well... off to pout. Smiley
Fien
noble citizen robot

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 11:55:22 am »

And here it is! The moment I posted, the email arrived.  Kiss
Download time: 4 hours and 38 minutes, 21 KB a second.  Wow, I guess I'm not the only one downloading...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 11:56:57 am by Fien » Logged
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 12:00:46 pm »

Just got mine as well. Thanks guys!
zuluhero
citizen robot

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 12:02:56 pm »

Is there an issue with hotmail accounts?  I preordered in August but have't recieved an email yet

I recently convinced a friend to buy the game from the site also (which he did only last week) and he has recieved his mail and is happily downloading as we speak.  But he used he work email, which is why i asked.

Seeing as the game is DRM-free - would it be unethical of me to use his download once he gets it?  I mean i have paid for the game already after all?

I really wanted to play this over my lunch hour, and i'm less than 2 hours away!   
Neil
citizen robot

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 12:25:39 pm »

I got my email at about 9.10am GMT, I ordered on the 13th of July.

I'm relieved, but if the estimate is accurate it's going to take almost four hours to download. Only getting 25Kb/s despite my 10Mb/s connection, must be the server working hard.

Ah well, I got Brutal Legend in the post a day early yesterday, and World of Goo on sale the day before. A good week for video gaming. I suppose I'll enjoy those until this is downloaded.
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2009, 12:27:49 pm »

Is there an issue with hotmail accounts?  I preordered in August but have't recieved an email yet

I recently convinced a friend to buy the game from the site also (which he did only last week) and he has recieved his mail and is happily downloading as we speak.  But he used he work email, which is why i asked.

Seeing as the game is DRM-free - would it be unethical of me to use his download once he gets it?  I mean i have paid for the game already after all?

I really wanted to play this over my lunch hour, and i'm less than 2 hours away!   

please check your spam box! hotmail is very restrictive for mass emails. thanks
zuluhero
citizen robot

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2009, 12:28:31 pm »

I know!  I keep checking and refreshing, but still nothing....
zuluhero
citizen robot

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2009, 12:56:45 pm »

I know!  I keep checking and refreshing, but still nothing....

So the full game is up...

Can i cancel my pre-order and just buy it from the site again.  Would that be quicker?
damirko
little rusty robot

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2009, 12:58:21 pm »

I have not recieved the link to download the game (preordered) either!

What's happening?

How comes that some of us who have preordered it, get it not first but last (since it's avaliable all over the internet for digital distribution).

My mail is on Gmail.... it's not in the spam...
zuluhero
citizen robot

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2009, 01:08:39 pm »

What's happening?

How comes that some of us who have preordered it, get it not first but last (since it's avaliable all over the internet for digital distribution).

I bet (like me) you had no problems getting emails from them when they were taking your money? Wink
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2009, 01:15:14 pm »

What's happening?

please be patient we are still sending - it's more problematic then we thought but everybody should have the email with the download links today. we really appreciate you have pre-ordered the game earlier as it helped us to finish it. thanks!
zuluhero
citizen robot

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2009, 01:19:34 pm »

What's happening?

please be patient we are still sending - it's more problematic then we thought but everybody should have the email with the download links today. we really appreciate you have pre-ordered the game earlier as it helped us to finish it. thanks!

Sorry if my tone is coming across a bit harsh, I do understand the trials and tribulations of indie development.  Chalk it up to having an eagerly anticipated hit on your hands Smiley

(still no email incidentally Tongue)
Rhialto
captain robot

the Marvellous

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2009, 01:50:23 pm »

Download time: 4 hours and 38 minutes, 21 KB a second.  Wow, I guess I'm not the only one downloading...

Same here, maybe a bit faster.  It varies a lot, from 20KB/s up to 55KB/s, average 30KB/s.  Glad the email was there when I woke up.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: