Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:17:44 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-Ordered . . . Still Expecting Email Link . . .  (Read 44613 times)
Barada Nels
citizen robot

« on: October 16, 2009, 02:56:12 pm »

Greetings,

I pre-ordered Machinarium and kudos to Amanita Design for making such an anticipated title.  I was personally very excited over this game.  I have been up all night waiting for my email.  Not that anyone made a statement as to when this game was exactly going to be released for pre-orders, I just cannot wait on great titles sometimes.

Anywho, still no email. . . still no game.  If I would have just waited I could of payed 3 more dollars and been playing it right now OR I am sure someone has already pirated this game and I could download it for free (even better) and have been playing it right now!  Do you see where I am going?  I pre-ordered YOUR game from YOUR website.  Not to save 3 bucks and not even for your little pre-order pack. But, because I wanted to support you guys for your hard work, imagination, and dedication to bringing ME (the consumer) something that I am sure is one amazingly sweet game. (Kudos again!)

I read the forums.  I am no longer patient.  Long story short put your butts into gear!  This is bad business and makes Indie games look bad.  I do not care why it's taking so long nor do I care for posts asking me to be patient.  Bottom line pre-orders = priority.  And that should have been taken into account during this title's development.

Lesson learned, I am not an irate internet idiot that made a post on your forums to stir up bad vibes.  I am a loyal customer that wanted to give as much money to the developers as I possibly could.

What I am asking for:

1. A time-line that is acceptable.  The possibility of Saturday (previously posted) is unacceptable.
2. An apology for the wait.
3. And if the wait does go on until Saturday, some unreleased wallpapers (1920X1080 would be awesome) or something to show us loyal customers that our support is noticed.

I have all but thrown my support of major title development in the trash because of crap like this.  This could be Amanita Design's chance to show their loyalty to the people that support them.  Something this industry has always lacked.

Sincerely,

Barada Nels
zuluhero
citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 03:30:54 pm »

I really agree, I pre-ordered in August, even got other people to buy straight from the website.  One only preordered last week and had his email this morning.  It feels a little bit unfair. 

What’s annoying is that the official response is to keep checking your spam settings, but in my case, as I’m sure in yours, when you paid for the preorder in full the mail didn’t have any problems coming through.   The spam response is such BS anyway, most of us are tech savvy enough to know how to set our spam filters or to check the spam folder for stuff like this.  We’re not stupid so don’t treat us as such.

I’m half tempted to cancel my pre-order and re-order it again, as I think that would be quicker.
augusto
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 03:49:17 pm »

I have to agree with Barada. It's extremely unfair that people who have not pre-ordered the game are receiving it before those who have. I still have to receive the link.
Barada Nels
citizen robot

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 04:04:02 pm »

I really agree, I pre-ordered in August, even got other people to buy straight from the website.  One only preordered last week and had his email this morning.  It feels a little bit unfair. 

What’s annoying is that the official response is to keep checking your spam settings, but in my case, as I’m sure in yours, when you paid for the preorder in full the mail didn’t have any problems coming through.   The spam response is such BS anyway, most of us are tech savvy enough to know how to set our spam filters or to check the spam folder for stuff like this.  We’re not stupid so don’t treat us as such.

I’m half tempted to cancel my pre-order and re-order it again, as I think that would be quicker.

My last post seemed to glitch or was removed or I dunno . . . it was weird.

So to post again:

I will not go as far was canceling my pre-order unless the delay lasts until Saturday.  If so, I will still support this game, just not from this website.  Seeing as there are other sites that are apparently more equipped to deal with the demand of this game.  I have read about 30k/sec downs from our email links . . . whats up with that? We have to wait for our pre-orders, then once we get our email have to tread through abysmal down speeds?  Maybe I am being a bit nit-picky, but I know of a multitude of great hosts that could not only handle this demand with ease, but also do it with a small price tag.

And on the spam checking.  Most of us on this forum will have our filters set up to accept anything from Amanita.  This should be a non-issue.

But, on the topic at hand . . . still waiting . . . someone sent me a PM . . . I do not know if they got my reply . . . this site is acting weird.

Barada Nels
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 04:07:49 pm by Barada Nels » Logged
Rhialto
captain robot

the Marvellous

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 04:16:31 pm »

Geesh guys relax...  how old are you?  Don't you have other stuff to do for another 24 hours?  Hey c'mon, 24hrs in a lifetime.

It is always disapointing to see how the human can react so bad to tiny things like this sometimes.
Stop saying bad things, you will regret it and feel cheap in a few hours.
zuluhero
citizen robot

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 04:25:33 pm »

Geesh guys relax...  how old are you?  Don't you have other stuff to do for another 24 hours?  Hey c'mon, 24hrs in a lifetime.

It is always disapointing to see how the human can react so bad to tiny things like this sometimes.

Says the person that got his email this morning...

TBH a sensible soultion would have been if they knew that it was going to take 2-3 days to get all the emails out they should have started sending them upto 3 days before release day.
vladino
little robot

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 04:29:19 pm »

Says the person that got his email this morning...

TBH a sensible soultion would have been if they knew that it was going to take 2-3 days to get all the emails out they should have started sending them upto 3 days before release day.

Makes no difference to have the link. For past 5 hours all I got is just timeouts..
Barada Nels
citizen robot

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 04:34:03 pm »

BEWARE THE 12PT BROWN TEXT OF DEATH!!!

Seriously bro? How old am I? Is that the best you could come up with?  Where in either of my post have I put any "Bad Things"?  I am speaking facts.  And the fact of the matter is there are some of us that are getting screwed.  Wait 24 hours?  Well, that is all fine and dandy except one little problem: Why should I wait 24 hours when Amanita has had my money, and drive-by buyers get it right now?

My best analogy is this:  Your standing in a long line at the burger place to get your burger.  You have waited long enough, you're ready to eat.  Then the management decides to allow the people just then walking in the door to walk right past you and get their burger first.  Would you be pissed?  Yes you would.

Now unless you have something intelligent to add to this discussion, I suggest you walk on . . . before someone takes your burger from you!  GEEERRRRRRRR!!!

LMAO

Barada
Rhialto
captain robot

the Marvellous

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 04:40:40 pm »

Makes no difference to have the link. For past 5 hours all I got is just timeouts..

I had the email this morning when I woke up.  Clicked and still downloading after 3 hours (now at 96% completed).  This morning I had to install winter tires so most of the time was spent there.

Keep clicking I will give you my download slot!  ;-)
Rhialto
captain robot

the Marvellous

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 04:42:16 pm »

Now unless you have something intelligent to add to this discussion, I suggest you walk on . . .

I have a better idea, I will play Machinarium in 2 minutes when download will be completed.   Tongue
Barada Nels
citizen robot

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 04:44:06 pm »

I have a better idea, I will play Machinarium in 2 minutes when download will be completed.   Tongue

Fair enough, as you have pointed out, you have your game and are getting ready to play . . . why did you even post here again?

Barada
Raven
little rusty robot

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 05:00:27 pm »

I've preordered the game too, and I've NOT received the e-mail yet, but I agree TOTALLY with Rhialto: be patient guys!...

I really don't unterstand yours "anger" behaviour...for me is not a problem to wait for one day or more...
Barada Nels
citizen robot

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 05:10:21 pm »

I've preordered the game too, and I've NOT received the e-mail yet, but I agree TOTALLY with Rhialto: be patient guys!...

I really don't unterstand yours "anger" behaviour...for me is not a problem to wait for one day or more...

Something must be lost in translation here.  ""anger" behaviour"?  No one is mad here . . . not yet.  People are concerned because they payed their money and are having to wait, while others are getting the game immediately, without forking out their money early.  It's about fairness.  And right now, this release is not fair.  All I am asking for is:

#1. My game.
#2. An apology for the wait.
#3. A grievance package if the wait continues.

If I had #1 I would not need the other two.

If any of those things seem like ""anger" behaviour" to you then I feel you and I have a difference of opinion.  I am not angry . . . not yet.  I just want to play the game I payed for in advance.  What is so wrong with that?  And why should I wait any longer?  If you want to wait then fine.  That doesn't change the fact of the matter that you and I are both being done an injustice.

Barada
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 05:16:08 pm »

No one removed your post, Barada Nels.  Censorship is not practiced on this forum. ;-)   We've had some technical problems in the recent past (known issues have been detailed in the Forum glitches thread). 

Barada Nels
citizen robot

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 05:25:34 pm »

No one removed your post, Barada Nels.  Censorship is not practiced on this forum. ;-)   We've had some technical problems in the recent past (known issues have been detailed in the Forum glitches thread). 

Fair enough,

Forgive me, I did not mean to elude that it was deleted, it was just weird what happened.  That was the point that I was trying to get across.  I will check your technical problems thread.

Since an admin has decided to post: any word on a possibility of a (decent) timeline?  As I have stated earlier Saturday is unnacceptable. And if it does run into Saturday and some of us are forced to ask for a refund to get the game elsewhere is there a process set up for that or do I just put a stop payment on the card?  Any answers you have will be welcome!

Thanks,

Barada
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: