Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:36:45 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappearing hook - wrench room  (Read 10552 times)
MagNet
little robot

« on: March 28, 2012, 03:00:36 pm »

Ahoj Wink,
when I pick up the wire hook thingy that's originally hanging on the pipes and leave the room using the ladder the hook disappears from the inventory. I actually don't know the use of this item yet but I believe this is not the intended behavior Smiley.

Running version 1.2 on the iPad 2.
Included is what I believe to be the save game, load SLOT 4 and leave the room to see the bug in action.

* MachinariumIPad2.sol (7.96 KB - downloaded 528 times.)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 06:27:50 am »

Hi MagNet.
Yes, you'll definitely need that wire hook to proceed.  That level (which we've called "Drainage Sewer" in the walkthroughs section) has been twitchy on the iPAD ever since the game was ported to that device.

I'd suggest that you restart that level and next time DON'T leave the room until you've solved the puzzle in there.   Wink

Question: Did you rename the .sol file you uploaded "MachinariumIPad2" or did you find it that way - namely, as "MachinariumIPad2.sol"?

MagNet
little robot

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 03:34:16 pm »

I found the save file that way, also I finished the game yesterday without, at least knowingly, using the hook Cheesy (All I needed there were the 3 red wrenches).

Also noticed two ther glitches:
  • When looking through the door in the bar at the baddies after flooding them, the original animation of them playing cards comes up.
  • In the square area - If you let the Jew robot back into the tower he disappears after getting up - you can even go up the tower. This gets fixed after leaving and entering the location.

Other than that great game, some of the puzzles reminded me a bit of Neverhood and that's always a good thing Smiley
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 07:24:18 am »

Thanks for detailing those glitches.  All *BZzzzt !*s are being recorded and will eventually be addressed.

BTW, the reason you were reminded of Neverhood is because (according to what he revealed in one interview or another) that game was one of JD's favorites.   Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: