Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:58:29 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuck at Worm Maze Chase [SOLVED]  (Read 30067 times)
dweezil
little robot

« on: April 28, 2012, 05:58:51 pm »

greetings all,

Due to a disability I play Botanicula with a touchpad. Usually that's not a problem in adventure games and I got this far without much trouble.
But this maze chase is impossible for me to complete. The worm is too fast for me and I'm not handy enough to get the star out of the maze in time. Or is there a way to slow down or distract the worm?

If there isn't, here's my savegame:
http://dweezil.dommel.be/botanicula/saves/

Would someone be so kind to drag the star out of the maze for me and return the savegame if that's possible and there's no other way?
Thank you very much and I hope this great game doesn't end for me here.  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:44:41 pm by dweezil » Logged

HP HDX 18 | C2Q Q9000 @2GHz | 6GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT | Do you Gentoo? | dweezil
Brightington_III
citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 11:31:46 pm »

All done! (I tried it with the touchpad; it does seem impossible!)

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/336759/slot2.bin
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/336760/slot2.jpg
dweezil
little robot

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 11:43:47 pm »

Thank you very much  Smiley Smiley Smiley

HP HDX 18 | C2Q Q9000 @2GHz | 6GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT | Do you Gentoo? | dweezil
Brightington_III
citizen robot

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 12:16:16 am »

You're very welcome!
therefore
little robot

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 01:16:23 am »

How does one use this save file? I tried to put them into my save file directory but then the menu only showed "New Game" and not "Resume".
dweezil
little robot

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 10:11:06 am »

Start a new game and load the savegame after the starting sequence  Smiley

Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 12:10:43 am »

Quote from: dweezil

Start a new game and load the savegame after the starting sequence  Smiley

Sorry, but I'm confused by that explanation.  If we could smooth out the steps we could possibly provide a saved game stash like we have for Machinarium... if forum members want one.   Roll Eyes 

Are you saying to save the downloaded .bin file wherever it belongs, then start a new game... then, but... huh?  How does one "load the savegame after the starting sequence" when there are no "Resume" ga....   OH!  Are you saying that when you go to the LOAD you'll find the new saved games in there?

therefore
little robot

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 01:04:36 am »

OH!  Are you saying that when you go to the LOAD you'll find the new saved games in there?

Yes, that is exactly what he is saying. And it works. Smiley
Reenie
little robot

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 07:10:31 am »

Brighton III: I am stuck at the worm, too. It stressed me out so badly that I thought I was going to have a heart attack! I tried to download the Save Game files you posted at the "filehosting" site, but the site says the file is no longer there. Only the jpg file is still available, and that is only the image for the save game slot. Is there any other way to get a save game AFTER the worm maze is successfully completed?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 08:40:55 am »

Quote from: Reenie
Is there any other way to get a save game AFTER the worm maze is successfully completed?

Too bad Brighton III's .bin file has been deleted.  That forum member hasn't been here in over a year so the only way to obtain a copy of that file now is for someone that originally saved it off-line to their personal archive to upload it for you.

Meantime, have you tried the advice given in the highlighted "Worm maze chase (how to outsmart the worm and give yourself more time)" thread in this forum?  

« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 08:45:38 pm by Alex » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 03:05:42 pm »

Below is a link for anyone who is having trouble completing the maze with the worm. Game was saved right after completing it.
http://cl.ly/JfgC
Reenie
little robot

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 05:56:04 pm »

Yes, Alex, I was trying to follow the directions for outwitting the worm. They did work, in the sense described, but I still lacked the reflexes and speed to get more than barely started before the worm got back the orb.

Thanks for the file, Lamkin. I will try it out. Like many other people, I really like this unique little game but don't have the playing skills for arcade stuff.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: