Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:33:44 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game development?  (Read 10258 times)
answerseeker
little robot

« on: May 12, 2012, 10:55:34 pm »

Hey everyone! I've looked everywhere and I'm trying to find out how machinerium was made. Like the basic stuff, did they draw it first? What was the concept? What software did they use? Etc etc I am a graphic design student and it's for one of my theory courses. Please help me out if any of you have any information. I would be really grateful!
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 08:32:47 am »

Quote from: answerseeker

I'm trying to find out how machinerium was made...

@answerseeker, maybe you should first take the time to learn how to spell the name of the game you are studying?   Roll Eyes

But it's okay, it's not your usual name for a game so you're forgivni'm only teasing you so please don't take offense >)

Peppered throughout this forum are links to interviews that Jakub Dvorský  has conducted wherein he talked about the methods he and his team used to create Samorost2 and Machinarium.  (you'll find most of them in either the Amanita Design - General Chat thread or the General Machinarium Topics thread)

Other than that, I would suggest that you become friends with the Search feature of this site. (try including the terms "interview" and "Jakub" in your searches)

Good luck with your studies!
~A
answerseeker
little robot

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 10:20:12 am »

I found the interview on one of the threads before you replied. I had been searching on google since an hour and Machinarium is not the only game I'm researching on so I thought I'd post it here. I seriously didn't think it would become such an issue. Thanks for your help any way.

As far as the spelling goes I already know the spelling, it was just a simple typo and perhaps wrote it wrong because I was thinking in terms of Machine and just added a rium at the end, I have spelt it right in the paper.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 08:33:47 pm »

Quote from: answerseeker

...I already know the spelling, it was just a simple typo

See that loooong ellipsis after I wrote "But it's okay, it's not your usual name for a game so you're forgivn"?

That's actually 1pt type that says, "i'm only teasing you so please don't take offense"  ;~>

answerseeker
little robot

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 12:45:25 am »

lol! That just made me laugh Tongue. No offense taken Smiley.

It's almost 4 am in Pakistan and I am done with my paper! Woohoo!
answerseeker
little robot

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 08:51:09 am »

huh? Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: