Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 11:36:50 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deadlocks and criticism (SPOILERS)  (Read 11959 times)
Watchman
little robot

« on: October 22, 2009, 10:39:01 am »

Alert: This post contains spoliers about the Machinarium game.

I just finished the game. Got in deadlocks twice:
-First one was going back to the lift (trough the empty pool) after being at the botanic garden. The lift went down, got out of fuel but there was nothing I could do to fix it again. Nothing much I could do at all.
-Second (not completelly verified - forgot to check if the door was really locked, but I don't have the savegame anymore and I simply reloaded at the time) was leaving the arcades too soon (only had 1 coin).

The bike part was kinda hard to do with my not-so-good mouse, and the maze controls were really anoying, but the worst point of the game was the last puzzle. Hate musical puzzles, specially hard ones. The walktrough book, which I used a few times, was a genius idea: kept the game going in a steady and enjoyable speed.
Igor
little robot

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 10:58:09 am »

The lift went down, got out of fuel but there was nothing I could do to fix it again. Nothing much I could do at all.
You have to click on the window and once you're in control of robot's girlfriend again, use tube (in her inventory) on kitchen sink.

was leaving the arcades too soon (only had 1 coin)
The door stays open.
madeye
captain robot

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 02:10:56 pm »

-First one was going back to the lift (trough the empty pool) after being at the botanic garden. The lift went down, got out of fuel but there was nothing I could do to fix it again. Nothing much I could do at all.
-Second (not completelly verified - forgot to check if the door was really locked, but I don't have the savegame anymore and I simply reloaded at the time) was leaving the arcades too soon (only had 1 coin).

I can't understand this common lift problem. What makes people think that if they filled the tank once they can't do it again?
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 03:01:15 pm »

Those are not deadlocks! You simply don't try hard enough... The worse I've seen can be considered "glitches", those are just visual oddities that are not gamestopping.
Watchman
little robot

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 06:58:15 pm »

That's great! Smiley
I really tought I had meet deadlocks. My fault it is, them.  Embarrassed
yeahbut
little robot

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 03:32:49 am »

Hate musical puzzles, specially hard ones.

I actually thought this was a really simple puzzle, and a bit of an anticlimax for the stage of the game. Not trying to sound like a smart-arse, some of the other points had me properly stumped for ages, just pointing out that different people find sorts of problems easy/hard. Must be very difficult to plan for.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: