Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:36:44 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot get past putting the robot together  (Read 8928 times)
Kbne
little robot

« on: July 23, 2013, 05:07:13 am »

Hi everyone, I read the other post citing seeing a black screen with a single red pixel flashing at me.  I have that issue and also have the problem of save and load being unresponsive as well.  What I did not see was the solution.  So far I have tried closing all other apps; powering the ipad2 off then on; and finally reinstalling the game.  Unfortunately I am not getting any other response than what I've listed above.   

Is there a solution?  Is there a recommended amount of space required on an ad to make this game work?   Should I request my money back?  Thanks in advance! 
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 07:12:17 am »

Kbne,
One suggestion would be to do a hard restart of your iPad. Before doing that, however, I suggest that you close all of your recently used apps (by tapping the minus sign on all of the apps in your multitasking bar).
Then, for the hard restart, you will need to hold down both the top Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until you see the Apple logo and the screen goes dark. This will take a few seconds. In the meantime, ignore the "slide to power off" prompt if you see it—just keep holding those buttons down until you see the Apple logo. Then launch Machinarium and see if it works. Amanita Design's programmer, David Oliva, once mentioned on Amanita's blog:
"Resetting the system [by performing a hard restart] helps to clear memory leaks which can be in the system itself or other apps. It does not have to be problem with the Machinarium. The game is just huge and requires the memory which may be unavailable."

If that doesn't work I would encourage you to contact the developers and let them know about the issue. You can use the form at the bottom of this page:
http://amanita-design.net/contact.html
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:19:53 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Kbne
little robot

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 01:12:57 pm »

Hi Lamkin,

Thanks you for your response. It's funny you suggested I do that.  When I went to power off my iPad the first time I inadvertently did a hard restart.  And so far nothing.  Thanks for the developers information.  I'm wondering just how much space you should have available on an iPad to have it run because the only thing I can think of is that I have a lot of apps and music.

Regards,  kbne
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: