Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:54:23 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to buy game. I have a question  (Read 8818 times)
lostttt
little robot

« on: August 28, 2013, 09:59:10 pm »

Hello.

http://www.humblebundle.com/store/product/Machinarium

Here you suggest to buy game. After purchase I will be able to download again game without repeated expenditure of money? Hard disks aren't reliable.

The Steam service would be very convenient.
+ convenient ways of purchase
+ the convenient library of games
But is absent the Linux-version. The complete set is necessary to me.

It would be cool if it is possible to buy the version in Steam, and Linux to download free of charge in other place.

What will you advise the interesting?
nicolas
Global Moderator
space invader

pains-aux-raisins-based life-form.

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:03:46 pm »

Hi,

When you buy on the Humble Store, you can download again and again the game for all platforms and its soundtrack an infinite number of times! And if you buy other games from Humble (either from the games' websites or during a Humble Bundle), they all get added in your library. Humble Store is quietly becoming a standard for ordering independent games.

Smiley

If you really can't go without Steam, there even *might* be a Steam key included with the Humble Store purchase. I'm not sure. It is the case for the games I bought independently here, but it's not certain about Machinarium.
lostttt
little robot

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 11:30:12 am »

Thanks for the answer.

What you tell about Desura? There is Machinarium. Also it seems for all three platforms.

But I don't know game there is updated? There were 2 patches.
nicolas
Global Moderator
space invader

pains-aux-raisins-based life-form.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 09:34:08 pm »

I don't know anything about Desura. They doesn't seem to offer more than Humble, do they?

I've got a personal thing which is “always buy a game, download a software, purchase an album, order a movie, acquire a book from the official website, or — if no way to get the piece of work is directly offered on the website — from the main store directly linked from the official website”. That's often how you are sure to get the latest version, get all the updates, all the extra content, all the platforms available, and where the more money will go to the creators. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: