Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:45:26 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium is now a Universal App  (Read 12207 times)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« on: October 17, 2013, 05:56:19 pm »

Machinarium is finally ready  and released also for iPhone. It’s called Machinarium Pocket Edition and it’s currently on sale for $1.99 (normal price is $2.99). It’s well playable with pinch-to-zoom feature, improved graphics, achievements and other improvements. 

If you already own Machinarium for iPad, you don’t need to buy it again for your iPhone because the game is now Universal App. The new version  includes:
+ Universal App (you can play it also on your iPhone)
+ Pinch-to-zoom
+ Supports iPad1
+ Retina Graphics
+ Achievements, Game Center, iCloud.

** Please note that your old saves from 1.X version will not work, but you can use the “Lost Save” functionality within the game to partially recover your position (there are 6 pre-saved positions from various parts of the game) **

source: http://amanita-design.net/blog/2013/10/17/machinarium-released-for-iphone-ipad-version-updated/

snowcrash
little rusty robot

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 01:45:31 am »

The new UI ruined the game for me and my little son on the iPad.

This was the best adventure, if not the best game ever on the iPad and certainly the best adventure since decades. I enjoyed what was the most fluid adventure experience with a smart UI on a touch device.

But the new UI completely ruins the whole game experience.

The pinch zoom gives this calm and moody game a completely unnecessary haste and visual irritation. The most terrible decision is to hide the inventory on the top. It adds unnecessary interactions and makes using the game absolutely tedious. From an interface design perspective it also changes the way the game works, not only  a minor difference in style but a huge change on how the game works visually and how puzzles can be thought and solved.

The worst thing is, I loved to play the game over and over again with my little son. He also loved this game more than anything else and now gets frustrated with the inventory and he is unable to solve the puzzles he solved a million times before.

I'm deeply disappointed by Amanita and hope the game will be restored to its former glory on the next update. I understand, that it is cheaper to do an universal app for all the different screen resolutions and formats. but the previous version for the ipad was nearly perfect. This is just sad and you're currently ruining your own legacy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: