Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 09:33:19 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: lost saved games after getting new wp  (Read 66732 times)
swinefeaster
little robot

« on: January 14, 2015, 09:11:28 am »

Is there any way to migrate my settings? Why doesn't the game migrate just like regular windows/phone apps?

I love this game but I don't want to start from scratch, please help. I still have my old phone...
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 06:45:51 pm »

Quote from: swinefeaster
Why doesn't the game migrate just like regular windows/phone apps?

Sorry, but...

According to this tutorial about how to Migrate Data from an Old Windows Phone to a New Windows Phone: "Keep in mind that this process migrates your accounts, your Windows Phone settings, messages, apps and games. It doesn't migrate the settings of your apps or your saved games. Those are lost and you need to manually configure each app and game on your new Windows Phone."

Also note that nowhere here (on the WP Machinarium game download page) is saved game state migration mentioned.

Maybe you could try this WP app called "Transfer my Data"?  Hopefully that will serve your current need.

Good luck!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:53:19 pm by Alex » Logged
swinefeaster
little robot

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 06:42:18 am »

since your game works on windows phone *and* windows, why not roam the save games via the Microsoft roaming mechanism? it's really easy

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465094.aspx
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 09:29:48 am »

Quote from: swinefeaster
since your game...

Machinarium is not my game.  I am a fan and a friend of Amanita Design who also helps to maintain this forum.  You are welcome to talk to the developers directly and tell them about your "roaming" idea by using the form you'll find in the About tab up top.

swinefeaster
little robot

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 12:16:20 am »

ah i see. done, thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: