Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:33:26 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Production  (Read 23274 times)
austriaman
little rusty robot

« on: April 01, 2008, 11:15:40 pm »

Although there are many adventure games out there, only those by Amanita Design seem to feature that certain addictive je ne sais quoi. I'm positive that we are witnessing the beginning of something that will be HUGE not too long from now. May I ask what programs you are using for the production of your Games? Are you just using Flash / Photoshop? Any techniques that you are willing to share with someone eager to learn from the master?  Grin Keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 11:23:38 pm by austriaman » Logged
GuppyGumbo
little robot

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 04:27:10 am »

Brilliant question, and quite ironic . . . I just registered because I have the same question.  I love these games, I mean we
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 11:31:41 am »

well we use only pencil and paper, PC, Tablet, digital camera, Photoshop and Flash.
ninana
little rusty robot

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 06:23:58 pm »

I've got another question! Do you make the characters in flash or photoshop? And do you use shape tweens for the limbs on Questionaut? I really want to try animation now but I don't really know all that much. And the way you've done the gradients on the characters is blowing my mind~ Tried it in Flash... failed miserably. Thanks though Smiley Love your games
GuppyGumbo
little robot

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 07:24:04 am »

Hi JD,

thanks for the detail; I can grasp everything but how you're using a "digital camera" for this, can you please explain what you use it for the development?

G.
jd
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 12:00:22 pm »

The backgrounds in Samorost are collages from photographs. In Machinarium and Questionaut the backgrounds are hand-drawn but we are using real textures (photos) in some places.
jd
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 12:06:03 pm »

and as for ninana's question - the characters are made in Flash in Samorost and Questionaut and we use shape tweens sometimes but mostly it's frame by frame animation. In Machinarium characters are made from parts (bitmaps) created in Photoshop and animated in Flash.
Kristalia_Astari
little robot

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 04:00:43 am »

I'm so glad I came here. I've messed around with flash and made minor games like snake and mazing games but ever since I played the first samorost I've been trying harder and harder to find tutorials and books to learn flash. I hope that I might be able to go to college and learn graphic design and programing when my husband gets out of school. It's nice to know the tools you use ^_^

Hugs and Kisses!
Kristian
little robot

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 01:10:48 pm »

Thanx for explanation JD,

"Machinarium" Hand Drawing Artistic Backrounds same "Eastern European old Buildings and other mechanic Things" nice ambience.

My born Bulgaria Wink I like this Style Locality. I waiting final version "Machinarium"

« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 01:14:49 pm by Kristian » Logged
djm
little rusty robot

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 04:16:03 am »

Please forgive me if this is too personal a question, but I am wondering if you are making enough money off games like Samorost I & II to live on, or are you just doing these as a sideline/hobby? The reason I ask is that I have lost my job and am looking for something else to do. I'm wondering if I can make a living from creating Flash games. Any input you could provide would be appreciated.

Thx,

djm

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: