Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:49:24 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: black screen for machinarium on mac  (Read 15732 times)
aricover66
little robot

« on: February 15, 2013, 02:45:11 pm »

I just bought machinarium; I try to start it on my Mac and I only get a black screen...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:32:46 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 08:00:08 pm »

We need to know more info to help you.

Which version of the game did you load; Collector's Edition, Humble Bundle download, or direct from Amanita Store?

Also which Mac OS are you running ( Lion, Leopard, Tabby Cat, whatever... )
And on what hardware platform are you playing... G5, MacBook, IIci...  ;>

obviously i'm playing around here a bit, but these are questions we'll need have answers to before we can help you.

Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 08:37:22 pm »

aricover, did you move the Machinarium app out of the Machinarium folder that it was in? It needs to be in that folder in order for the game to work.
aricover66
little robot

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 11:38:25 pm »

Thanks everybody; in fact I did remove the machinarium icon from the folder to put it on my desktop; now I replaced it and it works!
GB122
little rusty robot

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 02:09:22 am »

I'm also having the same problem. Doesn't seem to matter where I move it to, I still get a black screen at startup.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 08:16:25 am »

Doesn't seem to matter where I move it to...

Wait, so did you move the Machinarium app out of the Machinarium folder that it was in? Seems like you're saying that it doesn't matter—you still get a black screen—even if the Machinarium app is in the Machinarium folder. If that's the case, did you move any of the other numbered folders out of that Machinarium folder? 'Cause everything needs to stay in that folder.

And if you didn't touch a thing, you might want to try deleting and then reinstalling the game.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 08:33:39 am by Lamkin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: