Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:04:39 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with getting out of boiler room [SOLVED]  (Read 15574 times)
sukayser
little robot

« on: January 30, 2014, 04:44:40 pm »

I've gotten the robot into the room with the big furnace and the bug who eats apples, near the beginning of the game. I figured out all the settings of the control panel of the carrier, and got the robot to be picked up. The cheat sheet walk-through says to use the bottom-top-bottom setting, by the way, and that didn't work--not enough time for the robot to get into the basket. The bottom-bottom-top setting works. So there's my robot, clutched by his head up there. The walk-through says there's an arrow to show where he should jump to, but I don't see one. All I can do is make the carrier drop him!

Any suggestions? I'm running this on an iPad, 3rd generation.

Thanks, Susan
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:06:26 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 07:14:58 pm »

Quote from: sukayser
The walk-through says there's an arrow to show where he should jump to, but I don't see one. All I can do is make the carrier drop him!

You need to move your pointer directly on to the robot when it's pulled up before you get to see the arrow.  You don't have lots of time to do this because the robot is going to go for a ride around the furnace.  So you have to catch the moment when he's angling to the right as he begins to move.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:07:32 am by Alex » Logged
sukayser
little robot

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 08:40:26 pm »

I've finally gotten back to Machinarium, and I'm still stuck in the same place. I can't get the robot up there on a bottom, top, bottom setting. The robot does not move to the apple cart fast enough to get into it before the carrier drops down for its grab.
I have upgraded my system to iOS 7.1.2, still on an iPad 3rd generation.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 09:25:37 pm »

The robot does not move to the apple cart fast enough to get into it before the carrier drops down for its grab.

My guess is that you haven't shrunk the robot to his regular size before moving him. (Josef moves slower when he's fully extended.)
sukayser
little robot

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 04:10:00 pm »

Yes, that did it. Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: