Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:41:48 pm

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium T-shirt!  (Read 38098 times)
Frits
noble citizen robot

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »

I just had the idea to look if there were any t shirts with machinarium, and I see there are Wink But I think it is really a shame that there isn't one in black. I would love to have a black one with either the band (as on the white one) or if possible something like on the dock icon, but without the rubbish pile, only the characters (and no machinarium on back). Or the cat without background, that would be awesome!

It's just that I really don't like white clothes :/

I heard that cafepress prints on individual order, does anyone know if this means I could mail them and ask if they could do that?

thanks, Frits

EDIT: Ok, so I just saw that you can indeed create your own t-shirts by uploading a photo or artwork, a really cool service! But.. can I use a picture (screenshot/wallpaper/artwork - probably edited a little to remove stuff I don't want), or would that fall under copyright or something?

And, does anyone know a good resolution picture of the cat? The only slightly large one I can find is on the wallpaper but it has it's legs cut off.. does no one have love for the cat? Sad
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:01:22 pm by Frits » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 10:16:01 pm »

... can I use a picture (screenshot/wallpaper/artwork - probably edited a little to remove stuff I don't want), or would that fall under copyright or something?

I can't speak for JD's take on Amanita Design copyrights but (among other things) I happen to be a Toy Soldier (;o)  and this is what Dr. Steel wrote recently about one of his fans needing permission to make custom shirts using his artwork:

"You would not need special permission if they were for your own use and you were not selling them to anyone else or selling the items which they were affixed to. Though having them made elsewhere as opposed to purchasing them through the TSU store, would not be supporting the cause or helping to fund further merchandise from Dr.Steel."

So maybe you could buy something from Amanita Design's CafePress shop (like maybe the Samorost2 shirt in black?) then go ahead and make your custom shirt free of guilt?   Cheesy

And, does anyone know a good resolution picture of the cat? The only slightly large one I can find is on the wallpaper but it has it's legs cut off.. does no one have love for the cat? Sad

Personally I always liked user izoong's Fan Art submission and have often wished I could wear it on a T-Shirt... so thanks for the info about custom shirts on CafePress!   Grin

Frits
noble citizen robot

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 12:13:22 am »

Thanks for the suggestion! It's a very nice picture, and a good drawing! I would like to have permission and a better resolution from him/her too in that case, though, heh. Well, I think Dr Steel might have more of a reason for giving it the green light than amanita design. I might do what you said, or I'll mail amanita.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 12:16:53 am by Frits » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: