Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:16:05 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the Steam version come with the Mac version too?  (Read 12549 times)
chrisfurniss
little robot

« on: October 24, 2009, 07:11:23 pm »

I have a Mac, but for whatever ridiculous reason I assumed Machinarium was only for the PC. So I downloaded it off of Steam on Parallels and then found out later via the website that you can get the full version for PC *and* Mac if you just download it from there. Is it possible to get the Mac version even if I bought it via Steam? I'd much rather play it natively than in Parallels.
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 07:18:38 pm »

There's no MAC STEAM version. So, no you will only get the Windows version through STEAM. By ordering directly through the site you get Windows, MAC, Linux version + MP3 Soundtrack. If you preordered you could also get a code for the STEAM version!
chrisfurniss
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 07:21:48 pm »

Well that doesn't necessarily help me now that I've already purchased the Steam version.
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 08:00:19 pm »

Well that doesn't necessarily help me now that I've already purchased the Steam version.

Well Sorry. But the answer is No I'm afraid.
BYK
little robot

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 09:01:04 am »

Hi There,

I have the same problem. I saw the game on Steam, played the demo liked it very much. Bought it as a gift to 3 of my friends and then one of them returned back the favor so I did not have any option other than Steam. Also since I think Steam is a great platform, I would prefer the Steam way if the site did not give an activation code.

Nevertheless I have the Steam version and I'm an Ubuntu fan so I want to be able to play this great game on my Ubuntu Linux. Also the musics are great so I want to be able to listen them on my mobile phone while I'm out.

If you consider that Steam users have also paid the same amount of money, simply saying "no" to these kinds of requests is a bit unfair. I mean World of Goo did this in the past. Then they stopped because of the fraud but I think this should at least tried. I believe if I go to 2D Boy and tell that I really want to play that game on my Ubuntu, then I can prove that I own the game by simply giving out my Steam Account ID and E-Mail(Steam started e-mail verification). I also believe that you guys are not that heartless to discard this kind of kind request so I'm simply asking for the Linux version and the soundtrack. My steam account name is madBYK and you can see that I own the game from http://steamcommunity.com/id/madbyk/games
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 09:05:45 am by BYK » Logged
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 06:36:18 pm »

hi everybody,

Steam has only PC version because they are selling only PC (for Windows) games. we are trying to persuade people to buy from our website because we get more money then if they buy it through Steam or any other service, in return they will have PC, Mac and Linux version and also the soundtrack. and as for your question if we can give Mac versions to those who bought the game on Steam, well we can't - not that we are so mean or heartless, but because it's lot of additional work we are unable to handle. we would need to generate links and manually process every such request. you should understand we are very small company and it's really hard just to deal with all the customer support emails, press requests and business stuff. I hope you understand.
BYK
little robot

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 09:46:30 pm »

Okay, well this was a really good and sincere explanation that I understand very well.

So I have no other option then buying a new copy from your site some time in the future. Thank you for taking time to write this answer and thank you again for the great game!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: