Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:17:08 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Czech audio and English subtitles Humble Botanicula Debut.  (Read 53596 times)
billyboob
little robot

« on: April 20, 2012, 06:38:13 am »

Would it be possible to provide the Czech audio and English subtitles for the Kooky release in the Humble Bontanicula Debut? I find dubbing to be the audio equivalent of the 'uncanny valley' effect in film. Although to be fair I appreciate it is a children's flick.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 07:03:37 am »

Quote from: billyboob

Would it be possible to provide the Czech audio and English subtitles for the Kooky release in the Humble Bontanicula Debut?

No.  Let me rephrase that as, Not likely.  

Buy the original DVD ( in Czech w/subtitles ) from Jan Sverak's "Biographs" store on eBAY.
( if the shop is empty when you visit, come back another day and check again. )

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 06:58:28 am by Alex » Logged
Lebostein
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 03:58:51 pm »

That Shop?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/biografjs/m.html

This shop is empty...
SamotCZE
little rusty robot

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 08:42:01 pm »

ehm WHAT??? Czech movie, czech developers, english version?! I do not understand this!!! Only for this a pay for bundle minimum price, because, this is betrayal at every czech people. Sorry
nicolas
Global Moderator
space invader

pains-aux-raisins-based life-form.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 10:14:21 pm »

Yes, I found this very disappointing, too (and I'm not Czech). I just wanted to see the movie in original version and not dubbed. The same way we're able to choose our operating system for games in each humble bundle, we should be able to choose between original or dubbed for movies.

However, this is not an issue to report to Amanita, but to the Humble team.
Maybe if we all send nice messages asking for it… Smiley

contact {@} humblebundle.com

By the way billyboob, I liked your comparison between dubbing and 'uncanny valley' effect. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:19:19 pm by Nicolas » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 06:00:19 am »

Quote from: Alex

Buy the original DVD ( in Czech w/subtitles ) from Jan Sverak's "Biographs" store on eBAY.
( if the shop is empty when you visit, come back another day and check again. )

Every time I check the eBAY shop the DVD isn't there...  too bad!
But if you still want the DVD with the original Czech vocal track and English subtitles you could try this site (where you'll also find some cute kids' Kuky pyjamas...  :~)

Karhu
little robot

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 06:44:42 pm »

I just can't believe how hard it is to find this film in the original language. I already have the English version in HD, but want to watch it in Czech language. As a Swede I am very much used to subtitles and would take them over dubbing any day.

The original version should be out there somewhere. I mean, it's the movie they actually made, right?

So anyone who knows where to buy it, please shout out! Cheesy
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 07:31:43 pm »

Quote from: Karhu
I just can't believe how hard it is to find this film in the original language.... anyone who knows where to buy it, please shout out! Cheesy

Just keep checking Jan Sverak's "Biographs" store on eBAY.  ( I notice that there's another seller on eBAY that's selling the original DVD with English subtitles but if you wait for the Biographs store to restock before you buy, you'll directly be supporting the filmmaker )

Karhu
little robot

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 12:12:09 pm »

Just keep checking Jan Sverak's "Biographs" store on eBAY.  ( I notice that there's another seller on eBAY that's selling the original DVD with English subtitles but if you wait for the Biographs store to restock before you buy, you'll directly be supporting the filmmaker )

Thanks! Will be checking Sveraks's. It is not everyday you see this kind creativity poured into films, so feels good to support it.
JoenBug
little robot

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 09:39:48 am »

I found this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kooky-Kuky-se-vraci-2010-Jan-Sverak-family-movie-English-subtitles-new-dvd-/360520406174
I don't understand why the Ipad App does not contain two versions : original Czech (with English Subs) and the dubbed English one... should not be to difficult to add it?
I agree that the original Czech version would "feel" better to watch.
SarahDo
little rusty robot

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 04:38:33 pm »

The movie Kooky can be bought on czechmovie.com with English sibtitles, not dubbed ;-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: