Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:13:05 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help please - Demo runs on Surface Pro 4, but download doesn't interact?  (Read 8306 times)
DDHBURNS
little robot

« on: October 28, 2015, 12:52:37 pm »

This is really strange. I can play the Machinarium demo on the Surface Pro 4 with touch or cursor, but when the full download comes up, several things happen: 1) It is MUCH smaller than the demo; 2) I cannot act directly upon any part of the Machinarium logo or puzzle by any means I can think of; 3) the black screen with white "Machinarium" logo stays up for several minutes unless I intervene by (this is the strangest part); 4) I can interact with the puzzle or the logo by touching the screen far below and to the right of the puzzle/logo!

Is this part of the game that I'm just missing? I have to guess where to touch; I stumbled onto it by accident, as no representation of the touch appears on the puzzle/logo. As the demo works just the way I would expect, I thought perhaps this was a peculiarity of either the new Surface or of this version of Windows 10 - a bug and not a feature? Anybody else experiencing this?

Doug in Austin
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 04:57:52 pm »

Hi Doug.

FYI, the information provided on this forum is 99.9% fan-generated (the developers stopped visiting a couple of years ago).  So if you want to send a question directly to the devs use the form you'll find in the "About" tab (up top).

Or, try the advice forum contributor Nathanoj gave to solve "mouse control" problems in Windows 10 (hopefully this fix will improve "touch control" as well):

1) Right click on the Machinarium desktop icon (or find the .exe file)
2) Click Properties
3) Open the Compatibility tab
4) Check the box under settings which says "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"
5) Press OK.

Hope this helps.

~Alex

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: