Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:41:19 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Black screen on iMac 10.12 Sierra  (Read 28403 times)
tomcat11
little robot

« on: February 02, 2017, 06:47:32 pm »

bonjour
Je viens de télécharger sur le site Amanita le jeu "Machinarium" pour mon iMac 10.12 Sierra. Lorsque je fais un double clic sur l'icone du jeu , je n'obtiens qu'un écran noir. Le jeu et les fichiers "00, 01, 10 et 11" sont dans le même fichier dans mes Applications. Que dois-je faire ?...
Cordialement.

Hello
I just downloaded on the site Amanita the game "Machinarium" for my iMac 10.12 Sierra. When I double-click on the game icon, I only get a black screen. The game and the files "00, 01, 10 and 11" are in the same file in my Applications. What should I do ?...
Cordially.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 07:56:38 pm »

Hmm... Just to clarify, when the game is installed you will have a folder titled 'Machinarium'; open that folder and you will see the Machinarium application along with the subfolders '00', '01', '10', and '11'. So, assuming you have kept the application and those four subfolders inside the folder titled 'Machinarium', there shouldn't be a black screen. I know that macOS Sierra has been out for a while now, and I've not seen any other similar issues reported. Have you tried deleting, then redownloading and reinstalling the game?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:18:37 pm by Lamkin » Logged
tomcat11
little robot

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 08:20:46 pm »

That's right, I downloaded the game, I unpacked it, I put the file in application, I opened it, and I clicked on "Machinarium". By doing this, I have only a black screen ... I therefore uninstalled and reinstalled the game. The same result ...
See the attached document (screenshot).

* Sans titre.pdf (190.82 KB - downloaded 872 times.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:28:23 pm by tomcat11 » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 08:29:47 pm »

Did you redownload the .dmg file? Would recommend doing that instead of reinstalling the game using the .dmg file you'd downloaded before.
tomcat11
little robot

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 08:32:59 pm »

I removed everything and then downloaded the game again.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 08:37:34 pm »

Huh
I would recommend that you contact the developers and let them know about the issue. You can use the form at the bottom of this page:
http://amanita-design.net/contact.html
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:13:52 pm by Lamkin » Logged
tomcat11
little robot

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 08:38:41 pm »

I sent a message to Amanita this afternoon and I am waiting for an answer.
Thank you for everything...
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 08:41:46 pm »

You're welcome. I'm sorry the game isn't working right.  Undecided
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 08:45:34 pm »

One other thing that occurred to me: Machinarium has its own built-in version of Flash Player, and it’s possible that version of Flash Player isn't working correctly on macOS Sierra. Perhaps you could download the standalone Flash Player projector and run the game through that. (Will edit in a moment here where to find the standalone Player, etc.)

Edit #1: To download the latest version of the Flash Player projector, go here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

And then look under where it says Macintosh and click on the link that reads "Download the Flash Player projector".

Edit #2: You'll need to open the Machinarium.app using the Flash Player projector.

Edit #3: To do that, you'll need to perform a couple of additional steps:
1. Open the folder which contains Machinarium and Control-click on the Machinarium application.
2. Select Show Package Contents and then open Contents/Resources.
3. Locate the movie.swf file and move (or copy it) so that it sits right alongside the application for Machinarium.
4. Control-click on the movie.swf file and choose Open With, and from the list find the version of Flash Player that you just downloaded.

Edit #4: It's a temporary solution...until you hear back from Amanita, but it's possible it could work in the meantime.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 05:49:14 am by Lamkin » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 12:02:30 am »

I posted this in another thread, but it's relevant here as well: There is some good news for those encountering this issue! Eventually, the "Definitive" Version of Machinarium will come out for Mac...and that means no more Flash, which means no more black screen. More details can be found here: http://forum.amanita-design.net/index.php?topic=5498.msg16505#msg16505
The bad news, though, is that it may be some time yet. I ask Lukas from Amanita Design about this every so often, so I'll keep everyone posted if I hear anything. In the meantime, the steps I listed out in the post directly above this one might solve the issue.

Edit: May 23, 2018 - The Definitive version is now out for Mac.
But note that it requires OS X 10.11 El Capitan and above...it seems the update is causing the game to crash for users running OS X 10.9 and below. (Not sure about 10.10 Yosemite, but I would imagine the update will run fine for Yosemite users.) I notified Lukas about the crashing, and he wrote back saying:
“...this [Definitive] version was developed for the latest OSX and would need to be built with and older XCode version (which is what we're going to try).”
I’ll edit the post if I hear any more about this.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 06:07:33 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: