Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:09:39 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Language switched to Chinese [SOLVED]  (Read 14053 times)
Aphamino
little robot

« on: July 08, 2017, 02:55:59 pm »

Hello.

I've had Machinarium in my iPad for several years now and the language has been English from start. Now, all the sudden during the last few months at some point, the game's language has been switched to Chinese. I'm not sure if the kids have accidentally changed the language but I have no idea how to switch it back, and I'm not going to start learning Chinese for this.

Help appreciated, thank you.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 08:06:46 pm by Alex » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 07:46:29 pm »

Hey Aphamino. Looking in the App Store, it seems the iOS version of Machinarium was updated on October 6, 2016, with the ability to switch between several different languages. My iPad can't run that version, so I can't check and say for certain, but I believe you can switch languages from the black title screen with the white Machinarium letters—the one that displays when the game is first launched. (So if you have the game running, you'll need to quit it and relaunch it in order to see that screen.)

Edit: Eh, I used my wife's iPhone version and took a screenshot. (I assume the iPad version is identical.) So you'll want to keep tapping here:

...until you finally see this:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 08:15:17 am by Lamkin » Logged
Aphamino
little robot

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 11:52:18 pm »

Thanks so much for help! I would have never guessed that the language selection was only available during the loading screen..especially when it was in Chinese.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 08:17:33 pm »

Thought I would post to say that Machinarium on iOS currently has the ability to switch the language from the menu:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 07:16:20 am by Lamkin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: