Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:38:13 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A (smallish) visual inconsistency  (Read 20577 times)
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« on: October 21, 2009, 08:36:07 pm »

Each of the following links contains an image with spoilers:
http://b2.s3.quickshareit.com/waterc5a2f.png
http://b2.s3.quickshareit.com/stream41ff2.png

Shouldn't we be seeing a constant stream of water pouring into the room below since water is continuously draining into said room?
(Yes, it's kind of a trivial thing, but still...)
=o)

Edit: The two links have been dead for a looong time. :( Sorry about that. :/
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 02:53:57 am by Lamkin » Logged
XQuest
little robot

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 10:15:30 pm »

There isn't any water pouring down in this image.  Undecided

http://i36.tinypic.com/10yqoie.jpg
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 10:38:08 pm »

Correct. In your image the flow of water to the shower has been closed off, whereas in my image the shower is still running. ;o)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 12:17:55 am by Lamkin » Logged
nicolas
Global Moderator
space invader

pains-aux-raisins-based life-form.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 11:54:33 am »

Yes, I've noticed that, too. Smiley The first thing I've done when I found it was possible to re-open the water was to run to the pub to see if the room was continuing to be filled. Grin And the answer was no. Tongue
XQuest
little robot

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 07:46:31 am »

Correct. In your image the flow of water to the shower has been closed off, whereas in my image the shower is still running. ;o)

The objective is to cut the water off. They just didn't show all of the frames in between. Usually, when a room floods it doesn't continuously pour in forever. There is an exhaust point most of time. And then eventually the water either recedes or is manually removed. I don't think this is an "inconsistency." I think it's done intentionally because the developers knew what the final outcome was. That's just my opinion.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 04:15:42 pm »

The objective is to cut the water off.
Yes, that is obviously the objective; no one is disputing that. ;o)

Usually, when a room floods it doesn't continuously pour in forever. There is an exhaust point most of time. And then eventually the water either recedes or is manually removed.
Ah, but water does continuously pour in forever if water is continuously draining into the room forever, and it is unmistakably clear in the upper room that the water is still pouring (and not simply trickling) and draining into the lower room. I see your point, however, but I'd never said that I thought the water level should be rising in the room with the gang, just that you should be seeing water pour into that room from the pipe in the ceiling.

They just didn't show all of the frames in between.
But they should have. If Amanita didn't want to show the added animation, then why did they bother adding the frames of animation in the upper room depicting a constant flow of water? They've even added frames of animation by showing the shower (fountain?) by the church running into an empty reservoir. Why not instead make it impossible to leave the upper room before shutting off the water? (Josef could just shake his head each time you instructed him to climb the ladder.)
And yeah, it probably sounds like I'm going waaay overboard here, but I don't mean to come across like I'm irritated. (I guess that's what happens when using only text.) ;o)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 07:37:06 pm by Lamkin » Logged
lostblues
little robot

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 01:17:05 am »

Noticed this too, and like Nicosmos I went to check if it would overflow the room. Not sure what XQuest is arguing about, the inconsistency is definitely there, but it's not really a big deal.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 02:26:54 am »

No, it isn't at all a big deal. (Maybe I'd had too much caffeine before I'd written that response.) And thanks for backing me up. =o)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: