Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:49:40 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The game is a masterpiece  (Read 57030 times)
Bio
noble citizen robot

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2009, 08:39:01 pm »

Guys...this game is absolutely amazing!!!
The sound effects and the music themes are very good, the entire enviroment is pure art...I really like the atmosphere and the enigmas are so ingenious.
I have to agree, this is a masterpiece and I wish you to sell more and more copies of this game, you deserve it.
I'm proud of this purchase and I'm doing a bit of marketing among my friends and it could be 2 or more new fans of Machinarium Tongue

PS: I've played a lot of recent and old videogames and this will be surely one of my favourite

XPEH
little rusty robot

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2009, 09:13:31 pm »

Absolutely ingenious game!!!
Guys, you make me happy first time since old-good dos Goblins 1 & 2 !
THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS!!

This is the first game i was playing in 2009, and first game in my life for which i will pay money.
robertasumendi
little rusty robot

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 09:45:58 pm »

Really beautiful... just want to heap on some more praise and say I really enjoyed this.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2009, 10:31:17 pm »

It's like owning several gorgeous works of art that, magically, you can also interact with. ;o)
And the music is simply fantastic.
Thanks, Amanita Design.
averose
little rusty robot

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 09:16:15 am »

Brilliant! Thank you very much to the makers of Machinarium. Felt compelled to join the forum just to add kudos. Well done, and may many more come from your studio. Thank you.
Nurykabe
Global Moderator
citizen robot

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2009, 06:12:51 pm »

Ok, brilliant game.
Puzzles always make a lot of sense.
The graphics differs from Samorost games but are still beautiful as usual.
Floex = so genius.
And the game has a subtle humor as well, which I like a lot.
Congratulation ! Cheesy
Privalov
little robot

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2009, 12:48:31 am »

I have never been so amazed by any game since the DOS days. Almost everything there, the graphics, music, the puzzles, is a masterpiece. I'm looking forward to Machinarium 2. Smiley
DaveJ
little rusty robot

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2009, 03:40:40 am »

I've just finished the game, and I am absolutely floored.  This is quite simply one of the best games I've played.  The artwork and gameplay are excellent, and then there's the soundtrack, which is just beautiful.  Amanita should be charging more, it was totally worth the $20.

BTW, the character animations crack me up... the first time the little robot slid down a banister rather than taking the stairs I literally LOL'ed.  Grin  The character mannerisms were spot-on, and really added to the overall feel of the game.  Fantastic.  Smiley  I also I love the little dance he does if you pause to listen to the musicians' tune.

Please make more!  Grin
yeahbut
little robot

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2009, 03:04:25 am »

I have to agree, this is one of the best games I've played in years. The artwork was beautiful, and the soundtrack better then I've heard in a long while, my only criticism being that it's influences were a little obvious and occasionally it looped too frequently. I thought the storyline was actually rather imaginative. The theme may have been a cliche but the journey was anything but, and the child-like atmosphere was part of the appeal. While I can understand people's dislike for the flash environment, once i'd remembered not to right click, I didn't really notice it. I think the fact that it enables this sort of artist-driven development can only be a positive.

There are niggles of course. Occasionally, even if you know the solution to a puzzle, you get stuck simply by standing in slightly the wrong place. This happened to me twice, and both times i eventually went for the hintbook and discovered I'd already worked out the solution. This would be fine, but in one case I accidentally saw more then was neccessary, spoiling a rather ingeneous puzzle. Having said that, this is a problem that has plagued adventures since the "KILL TROLL" "HIT TROLL WITH CLUB" "COSH TROLL" "BASH TROLL ON HEAD" days so complaining is perhaps slightly churlish. It's a short game, took only a couple of evenings to complete. On the other hand it's cheap, so again it's hard to find fault. In summary, all the thumbs are heading skyward.
Bio
noble citizen robot

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2009, 09:33:59 am »

I've finished it yesterday evening: really an amazing game!!! I've already said what I think in an older post, great job guys.
I have to admit that now i'm a bit sad without Machinarium and its characters  Grin

Bye bye
samhandwich
little rusty robot

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2009, 02:00:14 am »

Just registered so I could say thank you to Amanita for this wonderful piece of art. The visuals, the sound design, the music, the gameplay...a delight at every turn. I've loved all your work, but this is a masterpiece.
parlance
little robot

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2009, 07:14:34 pm »

I've finished it yesterday evening: really an amazing game!!! I've already said what I think in an older post, great job guys.
I have to admit that now i'm a bit sad without Machinarium and its characters  Grin

Bye bye

Just registered so I could say thank you to Amanita for this wonderful piece of art. The visuals, the sound design, the music, the gameplay...a delight at every turn. I've loved all your work, but this is a masterpiece.

^--- this. Thank you for your hard work in creating an amazing game. I would pre-order the sequel without hesitation.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: