Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:28:24 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Display limitations with 1024x600 or 800x600  (Read 14012 times)
jeffspc88mx
little robot

« on: October 31, 2009, 04:26:38 am »

Trying to run Machinarium on my son's laptop but the display is only capable of 1024x600 or 800x600. Please confirm that the game is unable to function properly with these settings. I can run the game, but I cannot access the bottom pop-up menu, so I can't save or quit.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 07:17:02 am »

From the FAQ at http:www.machinarium.com..."you can view the game only in 100% mode (1250x790) or 80% mode (1000x632)"
Sorry, but given what you said about your son's laptop display abilities, it doesn't look like it will work.

What OS is he running, BTW?  If it's Windows; have you tried just quitting with Alt+F4 and then clicking on "Resume Game" when you restart Machinarium?  Some have reported that they return to the last puzzle they were working on.

bsoplinger
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 02:30:33 pm »

I started a thread http://machinarium.net/forum/index.php/topic,384.0.html over the fact that the day of release the requirements did not have  a minimum resolution required although they do now.

The reason I was so upset is that the game seemed to play just fine on my netbook but I couldn't resume. Turns out it was a setting within the Flash player that was causing that.

I have a Dell mini10v with a display max of 1024x600 same as your machine. Once I set the Flash player to keep temp files (I normally tell it to keep none) I had a resume option whenever I restarted the game. I tested with the demo on Win 7 and I have the full game installed on OS X 10.5.8 and it works just fine without the menu.  OS X also has the ability to run the game with everything scaled down to 75% so you can actually run it and see the menus. Don't know a way to do that with any version of Windows, sorry.

You loose the chance to have 6 saved games. You'll only have the option to resume when you're done. The menu also has a load choice (goes with the save choice) which you can't use, a volume setting, info on the game and developer and a fullscreen vs windowed mode choice. None of which you'll need. Just quit the game using Alt-F4 in Windows, Command-Q for OS X and if you have things setup properly you'll have a resume choice when you restart. If you don't look through the savegame threads here for things to do to make that work.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 02:33:55 pm by bsoplinger » Logged
jeffspc88mx
little robot

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 03:57:03 pm »

Sorry, but given what you said about your son's laptop display abilities, it doesn't look like it will work.

Thanks. I suspected as much. The 80% mode would probably be acceptable, but I can't change it to 80% because that part of the screen is off the display (because I'm stuck at 600 vertical pixels).

No big deal though. He'll just have to play it on the big Mac Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: