Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:55:59 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Main character is stuck and does not move!  (Read 10090 times)
pedrituss
little robot

« on: December 31, 2017, 02:21:58 am »

Hi,

I would like to report a possible bug.

I am playing Samorost and after the first part, when I arrive to this kind of hairy meteorite the white man stucks in the middle of the screen and he does not react to any touch. I swear, I have touched every single pixel of the screen (LG Nexus 5X) and he does not move.

I attach a screenshot of the moment.

Could you please assist?

Is it even possible to reset the game so I can start all over again? (it is synchronized with Google Play Games so uninstalling and installing the game doesn't work)

Thank you in advance!

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:38:49 am by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 02:42:30 am »

Try the suggestions in this article: "Troubleshoot issues related to low internal memory on your Google Nexus 5"

pedrituss
little robot

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 11:07:50 am »

Thank you for your answer.

However it does not solve my problem as my phone is not the Nexus 5 but the newer version (Nexus 5X)  Undecided

I have been able to run and complete Machinarium on the same phone with no issues.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 12:24:50 pm »

Quote from: pedrituss
However it does not solve my problem as my phone is not the Nexus 5 but the newer version (Nexus 5X)  Undecided

Not much difference between Nexus 5 and 5X from what I've read.

Did you try the suggestion I gave you?

pedrituss
little robot

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 01:19:31 pm »

Yes, I tried that with no success.

I am getting the same problem in another device (Tablet Nexus 9): when I open the game and log in with my google play games account it brings me to the same place.

When I touch the screen and give the order to move the white man shrugs the shoulders and it is impossible to make him move away from that position...

I don't know what to do as I have not found the option to reset the game
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 04:56:25 pm by pedrituss » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 06:39:17 pm »

I have not found the option to reset the game

To restart the game, you'll first need to tap on the main MENU, which is the little white star symbol in the upper-right corner of the screen. Then tap the up arrow symbol to get to the LOAD screen shown below. You'll see that the screen has several circles (save spots). Now tap on the first circle (numbered '0') showing the observatory house of the space gnome, and then tap the check mark to confirm and you'll be taken to the very beginning of the game.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 06:40:48 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 10:37:08 pm »

Wait.  You first wrote "the white man stucks in the middle of the screen and he does not react to any touch."

Now you're saying "the white man shrugs the shoulders and it is impossible to make him move away from that position"

If he is shrugging his shoulders then you are not frozen.  That's what I thought had happened; a hardware glitch.
But it's simpler than that... You are stuck in a puzzle my friend!   Cheesy

Find out what the white man (called Gnome, btw) wants from you.

Good luck.  There are many walkthrough videos available on YouTube if you need to see what to do next.

edit:  here's one

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:55:20 pm by Alex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: