Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:24:27 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bug with oil buoy controls [SOLVED]  (Read 14994 times)
Scotia
little robot

« on: November 05, 2009, 08:35:00 pm »

I'm using the Mac version of the game running under Leopard. When I'm trying to move the oil buoy nearer the dog the green button on the controls doesn't respond. I can move the green arrow with the two red buttons, and I can make the buoy squirt oil, but the light doesn't change and the green button doesn't respond at all, meaning the buoy doesn't move. I've downloaded the patch 1 and applied it but it makes no difference.

Any suggestions please ?  I can't get any further in the game until I can do this.

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:29:58 pm by Alex » Logged
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:47:58 pm »

Have you already moved the bouy?
If you have then you have to get it back to its original position before it can be moved again (by pointing the arrow back to the centre light, if that makes sense).
Scotia
little robot

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 11:48:37 pm »

No, I haven't succeeded in moving the buoy at all. The arrow moves round when the red buttons are pressed and and the oil squirts out when the oil button is clicked but the light stays at 12 o'clock and the green button doesn't respond to clicks.
Scotia
little robot

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 12:01:50 am »

Problem solved thanks. I searched thru the forum Q&A and found a thread which explained the subtlety of having to centre the buoy first. Went back to game and got past it !  Thanks for taking the time. Now I'm off to bed.
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 11:18:41 pm »

That's what I was meaning, but I'm not so good at explaining things...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: