Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:00:25 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate the virus maze in the King's Head  (Read 9861 times)
cenolar
little rusty robot

« on: January 03, 2010, 12:45:10 am »

It's a shame, such a beautiful game and now I have to play a 2-bit cheezy graphics arcade game.  Is there a way around it?  I keep having to restart it because my little guy gets stuck on the wall and then cannot move anymore.

PLEASE LEAVE STUFF LIKE THIS OUT OF YOUR NEXT GAME!   It realy takes away from it.
Yohmi
citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 03:06:19 am »

Well, it could have been really great if it was mapped on keyboard. I often got killed because to face the enemy to shoot at him, I'm compelled to walk in his direction, and boom. But anyway, I love the legacy feeling of all that, the great chip-tune, it's a very good homage and it sure have its place in the game. If there is a second opus of the game, it must have those old feelings in some puzzles, because it's how all the machinarium world is working, with chips, chips, and chips, bios, firmwares, without those neat interfaces we made for us, humans ^^
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 06:05:05 pm by Yohmi » Logged
Frits
noble citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 11:03:57 am »

I think it fits very well in the game. It's an homage and a trip back in time to the era of rusty arcade halls and dusty atari cartridges, which perfectly suits the games atmosphere. It's also a lesson: that you have to make do with what you've got, and that it may not be fun, but after your hard work you will be rewarded, also ideas heavily promoted throughout the rest of the game.

I'm sorry about the bug, but you should blame it on that, and not on the design of the game.
Steedus
noble citizen robot

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 03:31:04 am »

yeah this bit was fine, and a cool idea but keyboard mapping would've made it a little more intuitive and fun
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: