Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:20:28 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how do i install the game from DVD ?  (Read 21256 times)
RedDanDoc
citizen robot

« on: March 19, 2010, 07:25:18 pm »

HI

I bought your game today Smiley

Only thing is I cant install it. I bought the collectors edition game dvd it says on the box compatible for windows vista. When I pop the disc in there is no exe ?

when i explore the disc and click on the machinarium app file folder I am presented with nothing that prompts an install.

any help would be greatly appreciated as I really want to play this game.

Its too bad that the dvd dosent come with an instruction manual like most other games.

thanks Dan Smiley

ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 07:39:19 pm »

Hi Dan.

There's a thread you should check out called Official Mamba Games Retail Machinarium Thread where you'll read that while the first wave of disks that Mamba sent out did NOT have Mac installs on them it's starting to look like the second wave now don't have PC installs on them, just MAC.   Roll Eyes

You'll find the email address of the person you should contact about this here.

Good luck!
Alex

RedDanDoc
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 07:43:47 pm »

thanks mate.

Good job ive got metro2033 to play.  Grin
Verbal
little robot

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 12:30:40 pm »

Ok i'm having the same problem, i took my first copy back to the shop and they exchanged it, but still no pc version appears to be on the disc.
I've follow the link, this was for ppl with no MAC on disc, Is it still ok to use it for PC version?
RedDanDoc
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 02:13:58 pm »

I'm going to email the guy and see what he says.
Verbal
little robot

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 03:09:30 pm »

Let me know what he says plz
thx Grin
RedDanDoc
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 04:53:11 pm »

ok I'll post any response I get here.
jst65
space invader

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 05:05:02 pm »

ok I'll post any response I get here.
No please, use Official Mamba Games Retail Machinarium Thread so we can easily follow.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 05:55:28 pm »

I've follow the link, this was for ppl with no MAC on disc, Is it still ok to use it for PC version?

Yes, Verbal, that link is for both PC and MAC problems.

What's happened is that Mamba's "Collector's Edition" was going to contain *both* PC & MAC versions of Machinarium on the same disc.  Somehow the initial product release ended up missing the MAC installation files.  When the second release came out the PC installation was missing.

The good news (IMO) is that Jason Codd (at Mamba) is engaged and dealing with this problem personally.  So if you've purchased one of the deficient Mamba disks write to him at the email address given.

And, like jst65 just wrote, please post all follow ups in the "Official Mamba Games Retail Machinarium Thread" to make it easier to follow along with further developments. 

Thanks and let's hope that (like that old saying goes) "the third time's the charm!"    Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: