Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:20:53 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium 2 [expressions of enthusiasm]  (Read 447740 times)
jst65
space invader

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 07:47:42 pm »

I'd like having control of both of the robots in the sequel for example.
That could make for some great puzzels if they helped each other more. One in one place and one in the other.
Wow, this reminds me of Castles of Dr.Creep back in 1980.

Good idea, but if there's one thing I would *not* like to be in a sequel, its harder puzzles.

I think the difficult is OK as it is, "situation" puzzles solutions are at least logical, and "mini" puzzles (create figures, move tiles, match colors etc.) are hard enough but not too much, and kind of fun to figure out. I remember I gave up with point&click adventures like Simon the Sorcerer with its illogical solutions :/
Frost82
noble citizen robot

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 08:27:29 pm »

I totally agree with you jst65. More puzzles but not more difficult. Wink

A slightly longer game would be nice though. Grin

I would like to see the about 30 levels in Machinarium extend to like 50-60 in a sequel Smiley

twonky
little robot

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 09:32:14 pm »

It's pretty much the same as original Machinarium. I don't want to play the same story over again...
I don't think there's any danger of that ... in the making of Machinarium, surely tons of good ideas went into the drain because there was no space (or time) to fit them in.

I'd buy the sequel, even if it would cost 5$ more (ouch, who hit me? Shocked )
please inform this community in time!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 09:33:54 pm by twonky » Logged
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 02:14:47 pm »

I'd like it if their next game was animated like the film, the dolls look pretty cool.
kohiba99
citizen robot

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 11:54:18 pm »

The most important is to see a new project from amanita!If they insist on machinarium(something not bad at all of course!) it would be nice to see new story and new characters in different locations of the town.Not a siquel/prequel.I like the machinarium(1) to be unique.
gal.eon
noble citizen robot

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 11:01:48 am »

I really like Machinarium in every possible aspect and I'll be glad to see more games in Machinarium's world but not at all costs. I believe in Amanita design and I think that whatever game they will release after Machinarium, it will be at least good as Machinarium.
Wrenbot
captain robot

[ '-' ]

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 09:50:35 pm »

Actually, while the first Machinarium has a very industrial, very "metallic" theme, the second should focus on an organic, natural theme.

As in, green forests and woodland etc. maybe with some organic creatures even, and that is kind of hinted at in the final sequence of Machinarium after all, and with Amanita's art, that could be turn out to be something even more beautiful than the first game. ★

BTW: let's not impose any "epic stories" over Machinarium, really; most of the beauty of this game is due to it's ambiguity - the fact that you can think of the world whatever you want to.

The focus should always remain over the characters on a personal scale, because it is the characters of Machinarium that make such a gritty world seem so charming.

and yes, please: DO make a sequel to Machinarium! It'd be such a shame to let that wonderfully-crafted robot-world go to waste! There is just so much potential in there, and I sincerely hope that Amanita Design feel the same.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:03:27 pm by Wren » Logged

YAY Samorost 3!!! Now just waiting for Machinarium 2!! ^^
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 10:28:12 pm »

the second should focus on an organic, natural theme.

As in, green forests and woodland etc. maybe with some organic creatures even
Like that film maybe Wink
jst65
space invader

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 01:01:36 pm »

Actually, while the first Machinarium has a very industrial, very "metallic" theme, the second should focus on an organic, natural theme.

Hmm... back to Samorost? Not for me. MACHINARIUM! Smiley

The focus should always remain over the characters on a personal scale, because it is the characters of Machinarium that make such a gritty world seem so charming.

I totally agree.
Wrenbot
captain robot

[ '-' ]

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 01:13:17 pm »

Hmm... back to Samorost? Not for me. MACHINARIUM! Smiley
You're right - I shouldn't have suggested organic creatures. That wouldn't fit in with the Machinarium theme.

Okay, all the creatures should be robots, of course, like how everything is in Machinarium, from the bugs to the birds, but the locations should be set in a natural environment, like a forest or something - not a city or the wasteland around it.

A contrast like would be really pleasant.

Imagine: "wild" or uncivilized/feral robots Cheesy living among the trees, or in caves etc.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:23:48 pm by Wren » Logged

YAY Samorost 3!!! Now just waiting for Machinarium 2!! ^^
taurus82
citizen robot

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 10:20:13 am »

Do you think PS3/PSN could get some lovin' this time around (not exclusively, of course)?

taurus82 (PSN ID)
linus
little robot

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 10:19:12 am »

Thanks for an amazing game!

I looked for a newsletter signup, but found none, I promised my two daughters to search for the sequel. They are 5 and 7 and after a full day of playing 'Machinaruim', it took no more than 2 seconds before they said we should go out and buy number 2.

I then had to explain to them that there is no number 2.
They couldn't believe it - They sobbed and cried and hurled to bed and been talking about it ever since.

If there is a list - sign me up  - or pm me the list for number 2 and I sign up myself.
jst65
space invader

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 11:49:55 am »

Have you already checked Amanita previous games, Samorost 1 & 2?
Click "Flash Games" from home page, worth playing while you wait for a sequel Smiley .
linus
little robot

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 12:12:33 pm »

No, I have not, I'll try those. thx Smiley

Good thing these have no cheat available too, that will sort them out Smiley
In Machinarium I tried to tell them they should solve things themselves, but they 'had to look in the book'.
actually I found the help somewhat cool, since they could read the help themselves, and it was funny to hear their reasoning.
jst65
space invader

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 02:01:47 pm »

Can't wait to see their masterpieces in the "Fan Art" section Wink .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: